• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flame_the_hedgehog character Wad

What do you think of the Flame_the_hedgehog character Wad?

• I LOVE IT!!!, MAKE MORE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its good with nice colors

• Its Decent, not all that good

• ehh... i dont like it that much

• This is ugly!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm judging a character on these stats now:

Grapics: This will judge the character on its grapics, and wheter its pixelated or not
Handling: How does the char handle? Nice and comfortable?
Superform: How does its superform look?(if there is one) Does it spin and use custom sprites?
Match: Is the character not too overpowerd/underpowerd in match?
Originality: How original is the char?
Total: Using your previous numbers, this should be the result

Grapics: 6 - the colours are messed up...really messed up.
Handling: 8 -Same as sonic.
Superform: 5 -Colours are still mesed.
Match: 7 -good with dodging, thanks to the multithok. Bouncing fireballs, but totally useless underwater.
Originality: 6 -This has been done many times before...
Total: 6 -Decent recolour, I guess. At least it has some sort of edit... :|

ree-c said:
Grapics: 6 - the colours are messed up...really messed up.
Handling: 8 -Same as sonic.
Superform: 5 -Colours are still mesed.
Match: 7 -good with dodging, thanks to the multithok. Bouncing fireballs, but totally useless underwater.
Originality: 6 -This has been done many times before...
Total: 6 -Decent recolour, I guess. At least it has some sort of edit... :|

my fireballs dont bounce anymore ree-c, you didnt get the updated wad did you? :?

Grapics: 7 The default color looks good, but other colors just don't fit.
Handling: 6 Very heavy steering and accel. It just doesn't feel good, cause the thok is for wide open area's.
Superform: 6 Looks the same as Flame, with weird colors...
Match: 8 A very good character with good dodging. He IS way too underpowerd in water and small area's.
Originality: 6 A sonic recolor, how original these days....
Total: 6.5 Nice, but you need to do better with the colors and handling of Flame.

Super mystic sonic said:
Match: 8 A very good character with good dodging. He IS way too underpowerd in water and small area's.

Well Flame is A fire type hedgehog, so it should be like that, I had to

reduce his Accel to keep his multi thok

or it could have been, Lose the multi thok and increase the Accel

and the default color im working out (with my team)

but if you know how to use the multi thok, you will own <--- Primes words

Good to see this wad being active again! But it might be better to release flame once onedotzeroninedotfour is out!

Somehow several keys dont work now

Actually i dont think we done need to revert to the SAknux pallete

the colors have been edited in 1.09.3.18 and it looks MUCH BETTER now, and i noticed, that with this change, Bouncey's sprites look more normal
so bouncey, however you did your sprites in the beginning, KEEP IT UP :d

and the running sprites on the sides and the angles/front look more Fixed

Edited the Prefcolor in the S_Skin:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9ldh0h

New download for the Fireballflame.wad

http://www.sendspace.com/file/94bpr0

i edited some things in the S_Skin

im also tired of hearing people my character wad sucks:

Prime in IRC said:
<Prime_2> Flame is a different kind of character
<Prime_2> that demands a different way of playing
<Prime_2> sonic is dominant on the ground
<Prime_2> flame is dominant in the air

listen to prime, i dont want to hear people say my character wad sucks just because of its speed or whatever, it depends on how well my character handles, and also, i took his advice and edited stuff in the S_Skin, from HIS Point of view, and ree-c agree's too that my character wad isnt too overpowered...

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I took his advice and edited stuff in the S_Skin, from his point of view, and ree-c agrees too that my character wad isnt too overpowered...

Too overpowerd? He is way too underpowerd, just like knux is now. If you make a character with a multithok with a speed of 90, but almost all his stats (except jumpheight) is 1, that will be a crazily underpowerd character. With thokking alone you can't do anything. Do you realize how hard prismatic angel (or any other hard platform level) is gonna be? You can't to any platform, because the thok makes you fly over it, and a normal jump requires a big place to get some speed.

I'm not saying your character sucks because of his S_SKIN, but I'll probably won't play with your character in platform levels. His cool fireballs and his hair makes him a good character. I'd recommend giving him some kind of other way to attack underwater though. How else are you supposed to attack in underwater levels? Maybe you should make some kind of very slow and weak attack to at least do something in match.

Super mystic sonic said:
I'd recommend giving him some kind of other way to attack underwater though. How else are you supposed to attack in underwater levels? Maybe you should make some kind of very slow and weak attack to at least do something in match.

im thinking on giving his Deton powers back now since SSN made it able to shoot detons as projectiles, but sadly, i dont really know how...
can someone please help me make a text file/soc that has a deton being shot as a projectile?

O_o? Homing fireballs?

now that you think of it, i might just do that
now if i only knew how to Soc >_<

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
O_o? Homing fireballs?

now that you think of it, i might just do that
now if i only knew how to Soc >_<

You don't need to use an SOC, you need to replace the Deton sprites with Fireball ones.

Super mystic sonic said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I took his advice and edited stuff in the S_Skin, from his point of view, and ree-c agrees too that my character wad isnt too overpowered...

Too overpowerd? He is way too underpowerd, just like knux is now. If you make a character with a multithok with a speed of 90, but almost all his stats (except jumpheight) is 1, that will be a crazily underpowerd character. With thokking alone you can't do anything. Do you realize how hard prismatic angel (or any other hard platform level) is gonna be? You can't to any platform, because the thok makes you fly over it, and a normal jump requires a big place to get some speed.

I'm not saying your character sucks because of his S_SKIN, but I'll probably won't play with your character in platform levels. His cool fireballs and his hair makes him a good character. I'd recommend giving him some kind of other way to attack underwater though. How else are you supposed to attack in underwater levels? Maybe you should make some kind of very slow and weak attack to at least do something in match.

*ahem* SMS, you play him as if he were sonic. To properly use flame, you must always be in the air, thokking and manuevering. Have you looked at his thrustfactor for a second? Flame has a thrustfactor of 6. Sonic has one of 5. Thrustfactor determines how fast you can move around in the air(acceleration wise), so that is very important. Flame was made to be an interesting character that is fun to play as because he forces you to play differently, not because it lets you play a "sonic" character with different stats.

And as for the "fireball deton", it would still chase players, the sprites wouldn't make any difference in that respect. And here is a lesson in SOC: A_detonchase uses the target variable to determine what its chasing. Projectiles and thrown rings use the target variable to keep track of who shot it, and thus give points to that person if it hits something. So if you make such a projectile use A_detonchase, it loses that information and then can nolonger give the shooting player his points for the hit.

As for underwater shooting, yes, he would be just a tad underpowered there. It is possible that we may remove the "fire" flag from the SOC object that he fires(what, you thought it was an ordinary fireball?) so that it can exist underwater. In the mean time, you can still fight underwater if you get a weapon ring.

oh wait a minute, is it possible to have a Fireball with properties of the homing ring instead of a deton going at a set speed?, so this way, i dont have to use the deton thing, and my fireball can still go at a set speed and home in on opponents...
does that work prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back