• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

FIZz Mod - My WIP (Update count: 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here goes. This is my Mod where all the zone names, when abbreviated, become FIZ. Therefore, I call it the FIZz Mod. Level names are as follows:

Forever Ice Zone (think Midnight Freeze Zone (Mystic Realm)) -92%
Flaming Isles Zone (think Big Lake Zone (custom level by...N.cenz, I think)) -100%
Flume Imbroglio Zone (think Labrynth Zone (sonic 1)) -85%
Flawless Industry Zone (think Techno Hill Act 2 (what could it be???)) -5%
SECRET LEVEL! **** Improved Zone by Hetor *shot* (think... well...)
No, the last one doesn't exist. It's a joke.

Anyway, screenies:

5yz8ugzb37hmgbnzkb38.png

Forever Ice Act 1 (old shot from beta 1)
8fss0kdm8v9m3rkm528i.png

Act 2 (old shot from beta 1)
uhbra4ujsetu0ybaxml.png

Act 3 (The boss's SOC is unique, try to find out what it does)
awfpk84qffqnx4qkjgwk.png

Flaming Isles Act 1 (old shot from beta 1)
iufv5olli2b91z5dgsnq.png

Act 2 (old shot from beta 1)
pgoxhb5serdz73ctm4ae.png

Act 3 (old screenshot from beta 1)
u6oswrh55q4b6t3dvfvs.png

Flume Imbroglio Act 1
mcok368ud48s51vvojyo.png

Flume Imbroglio Act 2 (the level is very laggy at the moment, anyone who fixes gets a beta from wherever I'm up to at the time!)
evxw69lgqcdcruuozmva.png

Act 3

Current Download (beta 4.1):
http://www.2shared.com/file/3297423/6b39459d/MODFIZ.html

History if you want to see what it used to be like.
Beta 4.0:
http://www.2shared.com/file/3297389/744c528c/MODFIZ.html
The only difference here from 4.1 is the player start in Flume Imbroglio Act 2. It was a mistake from testing.
Beta 3:
http://www.2shared.com/file/3296999/d87c817e/MODFIZ.html
Beta 2:
http://www.2shared.com/file/3296566/c6417944/MODFIZ.html
Beta 1:
http://www.2shared.com/file/3292863/319189cf/MODFIZ.html

UPDATE LOG:

Forever Ice 1:
Generally made the level wider
Added scenery objects
Added another path
Added more secrets
Added 'jailbars' about 4/5 through

Forever Ice 2:
Redid end
Changed some of the secrets

Flaming Isles 1:
Redid end

Flaming Isles 2:
Added more barriers
Put rocks between the lava and water so it doesn't look odd

Flaming Isles 3:
Added a lava pool
Changed the textures

TODO:
Multiple paths in Forever Ice 2
Make Flawless Industry

1) Actually, Act 1 of the first Zone was very good, or it's just that it fits my style. the width should be greater, and the part with the springs taking you over the ledge has a Crawla that can easily get you down.
2) Act 2. Too short for me to really take in. The ending part with the platforming is too easy.
3) Boss battles. Interesting SOC for Eggman, but he should shoot bullets AND do the spike thing.
4) Act 1, the lava Zone. It was too cramped. I couldn't find where to go after the Starpost because I had a feeling I'd keep going up.
5) Act 2, lava Zone. Water doesn't exist in volcanoes. Also, Sonic is entirely too abusive with Thokking here. He can get from the starting point to the spring in the water in 6 seconds, and finish in 9 or 10. Try expanding this, before calling it a level.
6) That last Zone. Eh, that's not a good joke.

Hmm, let's see what I can do.
First off, the first act is way too short, running through normally (without excessive thokking) had me finishing the level in less than 20 seconds. And I explored. Also, it didn't have any multiple paths, that greatly diminishes the replay value of your level. It also seemed like you through together random sectors together at the end. I would expand the level, and put some multiple paths and scenery if I were you. 3/5
The second act looked a bit better, but was criminally short. Also I didn't think I saw any multiple paths here either. It was also pretty dang easy to get the ring shield. Scenery looked better here, but the level overall was less than average. 3/5
The boss fight was way too easy, if he would spawn those things and shoot, he would be much more challenging. Also, the level itself was just a big empty square with a pit in the middle. That hurts.
Both Flaming isles zones looked very good! I liked the texture set you used, and the levels were nice to my eyes.The first act seemed a bit cramped, and also short. I would suggest that you just resize the sectors and generally make the level longer. The second act though, I could see you had the right idea when sizing the platforms, but it was very easy to finish. You just had to look toward the right, thok, run across the water, and finish. The platforms with the arrows didn't seem to serve any purpose, though they did seem to be multiple paths. Also, the water looked very random in a sea of lava. Both acts got a 4/5.

Ice said:
Hmm, let's see what I can do.
First off, the first act is way too short, running through normally (without excessive thokking) had me finishing the level in less than 20 seconds. And I explored. Also, it didn't have any multiple paths, that greatly diminishes the replay value of your level. It also seemed like you through together random sectors together at the end. I would expand the level, and put some multiple paths and scenery if I were you. 3/5
The second act looked a bit better, but was criminally short. Also I didn't think I saw any multiple paths here either. It was also pretty dang easy to get the ring shield. Scenery looked better here, but the level overall was less than average. 3/5
The boss fight was way too easy, if he would spawn those things and shoot, he would be much more challenging. Also, the level itself was just a big empty square with a pit in the middle. That hurts.
Both Flaming isles zones looked very good! I liked the texture set you used, and the levels were nice to my eyes.The first act seemed a bit cramped, and also short. I would suggest that you just resize the sectors and generally make the level longer. The second act though, I could see you had the right idea when sizing the platforms, but it was very easy to finish. You just had to look toward the right, thok, run across the water, and finish. The platforms with the arrows didn't seem to serve any purpose, though they did seem to be multiple paths. Also, the water looked very random in a sea of lava. Both acts got a 4/5.

The boss does shoot. Anyway, thanks for the criticism, guys! Working on it now.

First act too short - You finished it in less than 20 seconds? You can do the same in GFZ1.

Second act - Good point.

Third - Like I said, he DOES shoot aswell.

Fourth - Good point.

Fifth - I see what you mean. The water, you're meant to skipdash along it, and I guess I didn't put enough barriers in.

Sixth - You didn't post, but Dark Fox - It's not a joke. It's half done.

Triangle Trumper said:
First act too short - You finished it in less than 20 seconds? You can do the same in GFZ1.

Well, I must have worded that incorrectly. What I'm complaining about is the multiple pathways. Also, I didn't completely speedrun it when playing it for my first time, and still beat it in under 20 seconds. I don't know about you, but the first time I played GFZ1 I spent more than 20 secs on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back