FishCake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemini

I know what the FishCake console variable does, I'm just curious why it's called "FishCake".

--- Gemini

Actually, I still run the original Final Demo release when I play single player mode simply because I can run it at my desktop resolution, 1152x864, which is the highest resolution I can hit while maintaining a video refresh rate above 60. I use v1.08 for multiplayer and for testing any bugs I happen across in the old verison to make sure they haven't already been fixed. (v1.08 won't let me set any of the resolutions my monitor is tuned to.)

--- Gemini

You use OpenGL, then, I'm assuming?

You can recompile r_opengl.dll and make it support more resolutions. Open win32\wLegacy.dsw in VC++ 6, make sure the project settings for r_opengl will build the DLL in a sane place, and change this in ogl_win.c:

Code:
    int res[][2] = {
                    {320, 200}, {640, 400},
                    {960, 600}, {1280, 800},
					{1280, 960},
					{1600,1000},
					{1920,1200}};

to

Code:
    int res[][2] = {
					{ 320, 200},
					{ 320, 240},
					{ 400, 300},
					{ 512, 384},
					{ 640, 400},
					{ 640, 480},
					{ 800, 600},
					{ 960, 600},
					{1024, 768},
					{1152, 864},
					{1280, 800},
					{1280, 960},
					{1280,1024},
					{1600,1000},
					{1920,1200},
};

Recompile r_opengl, use the new r_opengl.dll with 1.08 and it should work.

...would I need to recompile everything or just the DLL...? What else would I need to have to make it compile properly? (Includes, Libraries, etc.)

I also take it that this list is going to be auto-detected in the future?... maybe? ...if not for v1.09 then for v1.1 at least?

--- Gemini

Just the DLL. That's the whole point of DLLs, you don't need to recompile everything.

It doesn't seem to have any dependencies, other than the include files that ship with VC++.

Any modes listed that the hardware doesn't support are not presented as choices to the user. So it already autodetects which ones are going to work.

Do you mean the autodetection is already in v1.08 or already in the version in the works v1.09? Because in v1.08 half the modes presented to me by default in OpenGL mode crash out when I try to use them saying it failed to initialize them.

--- Gemini

It's supposed to already be in 1.08. I'll make sure it at least works for the next version.

I have no real way to test OpenGL, since my video card can just barely run it in 800x600 and brings down the system if I use any other resolutions.

It's a cheat that shows debug information (your location, X=, Y=, Z=, speed, etc). It doesn't exist as of the current Final Demo 1.08.

Mystic said:
Because it's funny? That's about the only reason.

Actually, there's a reason it's called that, but only I and Sonikku know.

really? hmm, maybe when you make a game some things should be secret.

But why, though, would you want to keep the amazing secret of a fishcake secret? Fish is good, and so is cake, and when you combine them, they make an excellent dish. Please tell us all, SSNtails.

(The lamest post I've ever posted)

It has to do with a company Sonikku and I wanted to start. But the wizard must be fed good and proper before anything is to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back