• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

First map help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibi-fox

Im making a tiny map but the endsign wont work. Its a small map that goes over the first level in srb2 and lets you grab extra lives and emeralds, but.

1. I cant make thok barriers
2. I cant make the end sign work
3. It may crash with other people. I have a screen shot but I couldent get the console to go away. If you can help, Thank you.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t140/Skylar_Wagstaff/?action=view&current=srb20000.png

[/img]

EDIT: the endsign ISNT in there right now, I deleted it when I took this screenshot.

Ok,I'm gonna tell you as a good member to NOT make this map.Dont ask questions just back away from doombuilder and other map makers and just leave this map.

I'm going to tell you as a better member than Akuma that you should not release your first couple of maps, but you should continue this map and learn from any mistakes made.

Don't make a smalll room with all the Emeralds, a thousand Silver Ring Boxes, and bad Ring placement. look at the other maps, and use it as a step up.

1. I cant make thok barriers- make a sector around the whole level, and make sure all no walls are double sided as they mess it up 2. I cant make the end sign work- make the sector surrounding the sign a 'exit sector'

to be honest, there are loads of all emeralds and loads of lives stages, so i would reccomend not releasing it because nobody will like it.

if you like making smaller maps i think making match levels would be the best option.

1.Thok bariers are simply sectors that surround the edges of your map with the floor and ceiling heights equal. Please note that your level will demand many texture replacements, so be prepared.
2.Ya know the end sign doesn't trigger the stage end, it's the sector type "Exit Sector" that does it. The sign spins because the exit sector has been triggered, obviously.

And please, give your levels some substance, just play GFZ1. It has good item placement, some linearity, and it's not just a room with item boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back