Fences

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKth22

How do you make fences? Like in Castle Eggman Act 1? I tried being lazy and just copying it from the said level and pasting it into mine, and then making only a few minor edits, but that didn't work. Then I tried figuring it out by looking at why it didn't work on my level and did on CE. My brain susploded... O_o

Help...

And in case anyone asks, I don't care whether you can or can't jump over the fences. Which ever would be easier.

In many levels, fences are made by pegging the edges of raised floors with fence-like textures and putting an invisible FOF around the edge of the raised floor.

Tried that earlier... Didn't work out too well... just gave me the Hall of Mirrors. Is there a way to make something invisible w/o having to deal with that annoying glitch?

Actually, fences like the ones in Castle Eggman, Arid Canyon, and Techno Hill are made by using Linedef type 63: Fake Floor to make the floor of a sector seem lower than it really is. You do this to a thin sector that's raised where the fence should be. The fence texture is then placed on the Middle sidedefs, both front and back.

The thin , invisible FOF combined with the Middle sidedefs works fine, too, but then you have the FOF in the way while you're editing in spite of it being invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back