• Rail ring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Explosion ring

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cy-Chan said:
Hardly, Rail Explosion isn't all that cheap either. Auto Rail and Rail Homing aren't cheap too - Just irritating and stupid.
You obviously haven't fighted Tails in a slightly open room when he had Rail-Explosion. That's just plain painful, and quite abusive, since you can't shoot Tails back without Rail, and with Explosion, your shot is going really slow. Basically, Rail nullifies Explosion's drawback, which makes it REALLY powerful.

My friend once was playing as Tails on our gamepad... I had
BIND "wheel 1 up" "toggle chasecam"
going, when he decided to fly away. I shot... and actually hit him with normal rings! He was about half the map away, too!
Never happened again, but I was laughing all the way through the rest of the game.

"IT'S RAINING RINGS!!! IT'S RAINING RINGS!!!"

My friend never did play SRB2 with me anymore after that...

hotdog003 said:
My friend once was playing as Tails on our gamepad... I had
BIND "wheel 1 up" "toggle chasecam"
going, when he decided to fly away. I shot... and actually hit him with normal rings! He was about half the map away, too!
Never happened again, but I was laughing all the way through the rest of the game.

"IT'S RAINING RINGS!!! IT'S RAINING RINGS!!!"

My friend never did play SRB2 with me anymore after that...
I shoot Tails out of the sky with Normal rings fairly regularly, but not from such a distance. I remember doing that a lot in Meadow Match before Rail was actually in the game, though. Just fire a bunch of rings in Tails' general direction. You get hits more often than you'd expect.

I hate getting shot down, it's almost impossble to recover if you land in an area with few rings because of how all your rings go bouncing high up into the air and the temp. invulnerabiliy is half-way worn off by when you land.

Mystic said:
not from such a distance
"Halfway across the map"'s not the most precise measurement, though. I could make a map that consists of a single 512x512 square. Hitting Tails from halfway across the map's hardly much of a distance in that case.

Mystic said:
Cy-Chan said:
Hardly, Rail Explosion isn't all that cheap either. Auto Rail and Rail Homing aren't cheap too - Just irritating and stupid.
You obviously haven't fighted Tails in a slightly open room when he had Rail-Explosion. That's just plain painful, and quite abusive, since you can't shoot Tails back without Rail, and with Explosion, your shot is going really slow. Basically, Rail nullifies Explosion's drawback, which makes it REALLY powerful.

"Fighted"? *shot* :roll:

I'm going to create a little square, and put all the special rings in it, just to see what is made of all the rings.
Auto-rail-homing-infinite-bomb-ring??

Edit: Ahhh, I go For rail.

It's really a tie between Rail and Bomb for me. Bomb is really cool to use as Sonic if you have people with horrible reaction times. Just thok near them, aim straight at the floor, and there you go. On the other hand, Rail is one I can use effectively when flying, even without bomb. I'm a pretty good sniper, and have been known to piss many a player off in Lime Forest.

I really wasted my time, It was only an automatical rail ring,that spread rings when It hit something and was infinite. The homing didn't change anything.
A realy good combinations is Automatic-Rail-Infinite

Oh, the homing didn't auto-aim the rail for you? It used to in 1.04...

hotdog003 said:
Sometimes the automatic rings don't shoot automaticly. I hold the button, and only one shoots out.

Interesting. Post it in the bug thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back