Farewell, O Future Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as some know, Futurama will no longer be shown on TV or aired as of the thirty-first. I am really going to miss Futurama. It was bad enough that there were no more new episode, but not even any more re-runs? That's not right! I'm sure SF94 agrees with me on this. So, I say farewell to Futurama. May it live on as one of the best animated series known to man...and apparently to robots and aliens...

From what I understand, it's moving to Comedy Central, were hopefully the creators won't be pressured into making it suck.

I think we are going to have another "the critic" episode on our hands if it moves to comedy central...

Family Guy wasn't canceled ...was it?
Anyway, although I loved Futurama, I can't say I'll miss it. I saw every episode I swear at least 10 times on [as] in the last few years. I'm eager for the new episodes, but I won't miss the old ones for quite some time. Besides, even if the contract expired you can still go buy the dvds if you'll miss it that much.

XsoniccoreX (814) said:
Family Guy wasn't canceled ...was it?
Anyway, although I loved Futurama, I can't say I'll miss it. I saw every episode I swear at least 10 times on [as] in the last few years. I'm eager for the new episodes, but I won't miss the old ones for quite some time. Besides, even if the contract expired you can still go buy the dvds if you'll miss it that much.

Ive heard htey still air old episodes on a different channel.

XsoniccoreX (814) said:

Read the posts... it's not cancelled.

jrose05 said:
What? No, its not. Its coming back with new episodes. But first there making movies of it. Don't believe. Look at this trailer.

Futurama Movie Trailer
http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/28252

Then [as] speaks liez...or I misunderstood something...ignore that then.
When I said the contract expired I assumed what [as] was saying was the old episodes, but even if it comes back with new episodes I think it's only going to be on comedy central.

Family guy was cancelled, twice even, but it's high ratings on adultswim and fox, and it's high dvd sales urged the fox network to keep making new episodes.

P.S It was always on fox, maybe you guys just saw it on one of the many stations that try to get in on the high ratings and air thier episodes (Adult swim anyone?)

P.S.S. No one got that "the critic" comment?

I never really liked Futurama or thought that it was funny but I did watch it when there was nothing else on. I would like it to be cancelled though...... I just didn't think it was a good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back