Fan game, should i go through with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fan game, is going to be a sequal to the hit xbox 360 game, Sonic the Hedgehog. Im asking you if i should go through with it, i already have 5 levels, and 1, very incomplete boss. Sonic Advance style graphics, gonna have 2-P mode, and network mode, not to mention 1-P.

Sonic 2K6 was a hit? Last time I checked, it was either very-average or just plain dog-doo.

Draykon said:
I'd say there are enough 2D Sonic fangames out there.

Try something less hyper-overdone, like a Starfox fangame.
Y'know, a Star fox fan game was too complex. Im gonna try and make it after im done my sonic game, which is going pretty well. Currently, im trying to change the sprites, to something a little more advanced, there is gonna be special stages, and over 500 levels. Sonic, Shadow, and Silver each have 100 levels, 100 others are for the branch of the main story, with Amy, Knuckles, etc, etc. 50 other levels are for a secret character, the other 50 are gonna be secret stages, not to mention a last story, with 3 levels, that DON'T split off the main story.

Hunter_the_hedgehog said:
The hit xbox 360 game, Sonic the Hedgehog.
ROFL That was good for a laugh.

Chaos said:
Based on your logic, your saying that 3-D SRB2 isn't sequel to 2-D SRB1?
He's doing a 2D game as a sequel to a 3D game. SRB2's the other way around.

500 levels? >_>

And it has been said a few times already, but a big LOL to Sonic 06 being a "hit" game.

Chaos said:
BZ4: Based on your logic, your saying that 3-D SRB2 isn't sequel to 2-D SRB1?
It isn't. It's a completely new game from the same people; it uses elements from the adventure series, style atributes from the old games, and common sense for everything else. Srb1 was more Mspaint + Crappy game facctory stuff. Also, you should see sthe 2d Srb2 in the srb1 engine. It was laughable.

This kind of question kind belongs in SFGHQ, but if you don't wanna join another completely different community for it or are scared of the place, then that's reason enough to post about it here.

Although if it gets to the point to where you're trying hard to hype it here and making more then one topic about it, then maybe it would be a good idea to bring it over there hmm? (I know because people at the Moogle Cavern used to tell me this concerning a fan game I was trying to make a nice while ago)

My game is pretty crappy, but its also in its alpha stage. No where near its beta stage yet, 5 outta 500 levels.

PEOPLE HALFTA (lawl half) STOP EXPECTING TO DO SO MUCH ON THEIR FIRST TRY. Atleast make a Zone or two, and see if they are good.

Chaos said:
My game is pretty crappy, but its also in its alpha stage. No where near its beta stage yet, 5 outta 500 levels.

PEOPLE HALFTA (lawl half) STOP EXPECTING TO DO SO MUCH ON THEIR FIRST TRY. Atleast make a Zone or two, and see if they are good.
im not expecting, i know what im doing, just need to get better backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back