Ever notice how civil our forum is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about civilized, I was banned 2 times and I REALLY learned my lesson.

Thanks to you administrators, now I'm more severe with me. And by the way, Mystic I'm portuguese but I'm gonna try to not write words on the wrong way.

I know that anyone cannot take me seriously but at least give me a credit. I will try to have a good writing and also be a "decent person" on this forum.

About the topic, Yes, this forum is really civilized.
(Sorry if i still have a bad grammar, i will work on that)

Last edited:
It's not a bad place at all, although, I do say that there are a lot of little kids here that might not quite be old enough for the internet. Am I the only one thinking this?

Still, you guys are all right. :3 I've seen worse Sonic-related forums.

This place is definitly under a lot more control then other forums. (I wouldn't ever think of comparing this place to trash like /b/ or YT comments)

A thanks to the forum's staff for making this such an enjoyable forum to go to.

And we have the administrators and Moderators to thank

Now that I look around here, I am noticing how much more civil it is here than other forums I've been at. not so many useless threads, flaming or trolls around because of how civil it is here.

Now that I look around here, I am noticing how much more civil it is here than other forums I've been at. not so many useless threads, flaming or trolls around because of how civil it is here.

Yeah, I have been onto other forums where flaming is "cool". It is much more quiet and peaceful here. ^_~

Thank our grammar test and our admins. Also, what was HDIJ? Or more specifically, what did it stand for?

How Do I Jump huh? That is funny stuff. Well, if our community ever matures enough to where we can handle it*, I wish it could come back.
*That is to say, never. :P

grammar test
That doesn't stop everybody that's too stupid for the internet. And in fact it can kill some people from coming in here just because their grammar isn't quite up to par. I'll be honest, I had to think hard on that question because Language Arts is by far my worst subject in school (I'll ace anything else if I try hard enough).

For the record, 4chan is not all terrible, it's just /b/ and sometimes /v/. This place is okay and if you don't mind me saying so, the admins could loosen up a little bit at times..:P

I think a lot of it has to do with the size of the userbase. When a community has tons and tons of members, there's a pretty huge chance that things will be chaotic. Our community is a lot smaller (just the right size, in my opinion), so it's much more peaceful.

I think a lot of it has to do with the size of the userbase. When a community has tons and tons of members, there's a pretty huge chance that things will be chaotic. Our community is a lot smaller (just the right size, in my opinion), so it's much more peaceful.
It also depends on who your site caters to. SRB2 is very kid-friendly for instance, so you attract younger members generally. A community such as ZDoom Forums is a lot older because of the age of the game, the content of said game, and how "advanced" it can be. Therefore, with the older members, generally they're more well behaved.

And worst case, you get some community members who are very mean but wickedly smart trolls who skate around everything you try to do.

It may be civilized, but that doesn't stop people from asking where to find certain wads, how to make their own, etc. That has also become civilized, but it still breaks the rules, which may explain some of the bans here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back