Error... R_InstallSpriteLump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic Shadow

I can think with portals.
Hi.
I'm actually trying to make my first character wad. But when I want to test it, it say:
emera0vi8.png

I've tried lots of things that was on the Messageboard, but it still not working. So help me please. :(

Do you have a SUPERICO frame? Get rid of it if so; it won't have any effect, and it could cause problems of the nature you have.

This has happened quite often before, search "EMERA0" with the search engine, you're sure to find some results there.

I don't have any "EMERA0" in my character wad (I've searched about and tried to edit the OBJCTCFG but still don't work.) and I don't have SUPERICO for my char.

Don't try looking for "EMERA0". It's not on about that.

Are you missing any sprites? Well, add some to use as placeholders until you make the proper versions of those sprites, since you can't test your character if it's missing sprites.

Aw, man. That problem. Here's some of the things that I did when I ran across that with Tikal

1) Make sure every lump is named properly
2) Be sure that the names of the lumps have all the same first four letters.

If that's not the problem, you might just need to redo some of the entries.

It also probably wouldn't hurt to check all your S_SKIN and OBJCTCFG specs as well.

I don't remember what the cause of the problem is, but I think it has to do with the S_SKIN and OBJCTCFG (I think its called that). They have to be placed in a certain order.

If that isn't the problem, try seeing if there isn't any conflicts inside the lumps. Recheck the names of the picture, and character name or whatever else is in them. Make sure you have the XWE with lowercase lump support, if you don't have it then get it off the wiki page.

If all else fails, try comparing your character WAD with one that you know that works, like metalsonic or something.

Mystic Shadow said:
Hi.
I'm actually trying to make my first character wad. But when I want to test it, it say:
emera0vi8.png

I've tried lots of things that was on the Messageboard, but it still not working. So help me please. :(

I have the same problem to!

Hyper Metal Sonic said:
Mystic Shadow said:
Hi.
emera0vi8.png

I have the same problem to!

I find how to shoot down all the errors:

1. Put the Face name first. Then the Face, and then the character picture (in Character Select).

2. Then, put the OBJCTCFG.

3. Put the S_SKIN

4. Put the 170 frames.

5. If you have a Super Form Music, put it after the frames.

If the error still appears, send me the wad.

Let the EMERA0 master handle this.

First, make sure your lumps are arranged correctly. Icons come first, then S_SKIN, then OBJCTCFG, then your sprites, then anyything else.

Second, make sure there are no blank values and typos in your S_SKIN and OBJCTCFG lumps.

If you're still having issues, send me the wad. I'll take a good look at it.

Except, that is incorrect. You have to have S_SKIN after the OBJCTCFG lump. Everything else is pretty much correct. I added the arrangement stuff on the FAQ, thanks.

Another cause could be that if you used "load" to get your sprites into your wad it could happen. To be sure, save all your sprites in a single folder and then make the lumps manually and use "replace" (if you use XWE) If not, i can't help you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back