Endings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddbrother

Huh? What did you say?
Can you make multiple, quality endings for the game?

Ending 1:
As the three heroes run off into the sunset, a shadow appears in the back.
???: Hehehe, little do they know that they lack serious power.
A shadowy hand holds up the missing chaos emeralds you haven't collected.
Then the screen cuts to black, and a message says 'Try Again" and "Presented by ID Software/SEGA".

Ending 2:
As the three heroes run off into the sunset. Eggman appears with a messy face and all smoked up in his Egg-o-matic.
Eggman: Ohh... I hate that hedgehog...
Then the screen cuts to black, and a message says "END" and "Presented by ID Software/SEGA".

Or, each character has their own individual ending. If the game is multiplayer co-op, use endings stated above.

Also, if necessary, in most Sonic games. Make the characters pop up close to the screen and show a taunt.

I can already tell you what the answer is.

No.

Why? It's simple realy, the ending now is perfectly fine and makes SRB2 really look like a classic Sonic game. The little thing with InstaSonic voice acting is only for the demo and won't appear, to my limited knowledge, in the final game.

You can have a custom cutscene display after a level. If you want to have different ones for each player, then maybe copies of the level to different maps, and when the player goes to the final map, take them to the map that corresponds to having the right ending you want.

SSNTails said:
You can have a custom cutscene display after a level. If you want to have different ones for each player, then maybe copies of the level to different maps, and when the player goes to the final map, take them to the map that corresponds to having the right ending you want.
A custom cutscene after a level? How?

That's what DOOM's default thingies do. Even after episode endings and crossing a few levels.

"After you pump rockets into his brain, the monster shrivels up and dies."

Might as well take the intro cutscene on SRB2 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back