• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Emeraldlevel.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upload the WAD to a hosting site like Sendspace or SRB2FFH, then post the generated URL here. If you can show that you can do this (do it through PM), then I will unlock this topic, but until then...

Good freaking god! All emeralds, no thok barrier, map header, or textures!

emeraldlevel.wad
srb20050-1.png

bad.wad
srb20052.png

Level Design 101, Thok Barrier Tutorial, Map Header Tutorial , and SRB2 Doom Builder Tutorial are you new friends.

srb2 guy said
Good freaking god! All emeralds, no thok barrier, map header, or textre headers

Level Design 101, Thok Barrier Tutorial, Map Header Tutorial , and SRB2 Doom Builder Tutorial are you new friends.

Umm... I can't really say that's an excuse at all... because fucking wow. This is horrendous. First of all, you have HOM everywhere. You need to put textures in place. This level has so many problems, you'd probably guess you didn't even read the tutorial on the builder you used. Another thing: In the rules, it says it's best not to release or show your first wads, signifying that you didn't read the stickies.

I know I get on the forum's case a lot, but a limit's a limit.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we do. Also, just like Sykotic said, that's not an excuse. I think the next time that you want to release a level, I would compare it to one that's on the official SRB2 website. Even my first WAD wasn't that bad. One more thing. No skinny hallways.

This level is worse than my worst. and coming from the person who made "Glaber Syndrom" Levels before they were classified as such, that's saying something.

Alright, Hyper, can you honestly say that you enjoyed playing this just because YOU made it? No offense, this is completely deranged. A level with all the emeralds in one place isn't creative for one thing. Then there's the fact that you can't even see where you are because of the lack of thok barrier, you know, when you see all these smeared up images? Finally, it's cramped, EXTREMLY cramped. I can't really say much more since I only saw the images, and didn't download it. HyperKnuckles, just because you like it being it's your first wad, doesn't really mean we also need to.

Ok, hyperknuckles.

You don't seem to understand what is going on here. First, you made a wad for your first time. That is understandable, but you also didn't realize that the people in this topic are not flaming you! They are helping you out so you can become a better map maker. If they were flaming you, they would have been banned already. Since you can't take constructive criticism from people, your topic is now locked. Please don't do this again and after you learn the basics of wading and can make a level that is loads better than this, then you can make another topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back