• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Emerald wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSmartie

What is emerald wars: Just imagine a warfare and hunting emeralds at the same time. Whats there going to be:
1.Some weird and large stages maybe even small stage
2.Alot of enemys
3.Emeralds...Duh
names:
Act 1 Day of Destruction
errr.... I havent Decided yet on the others
May you people think of some names for Acts 2 - 12
[spoiler:1e18bd791a]
srb2war.jpg
[/spoiler:1e18bd791a]

http://www.4shared.com/file/108375549/e8601bf3/emerald_war.html
Note: the acts are going to be flat so it looks like a war plain
Note2:Have Fun!!!

... Random textures, rings just thrown everywhere, even EGGMAN was thrown all over the place. That doesn't look very enjoyable to me.

sonicfreak94 said:
... Random textures, rings just thrown everywhere, even EGGMAN was thrown all over the place. That doesn't look very enjoyable to me.
I'm going to fix it up a bit its just I'm testing some stuff with SRB2DB. Also the rings were meant to be tossed around

MrSmartie said:
sonicfreak94 said:
I'm going to fix it up a bit its just I'm testing some stuff with SRB2DB. Also the rings were meant to be tossed around

It won't help if you fix this up a bit. There's no way you could make an enjoyable level out of this. All you had to do was run through level, avoid the enemies and find the emeralds. You didn't even have to search because two of them were visible even before the radar found them and the third one was not exactly hidden either.

This whole level reminds me of a very old stage by fox Unit 01 which had exactly the same concept, only that it was way harder. If you're trying to make a enjoyable map, you should read this:
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_Design_101

Re: <3

waveoceanxtrem said:
I like it!

What do you like about it?

I don't like it because there should be only on Eggman,(unless it is Mystic realm archive.)too wide(looks empty),and there is LAVA on the ceiling!!!(care to explain?)

Re: <3

srb2kirbyo said:
waveoceanxtrem said:
I like it!

What do you like about it?

I don't like it because there should be only on Eggman,(unless it is Mystic realm archive.)too wide(looks empty),and there is LAVA on the ceiling!!!(care to explain?)

okay, I'm guessing the ceiling fire is supposed to be a fiery sky. As for everything else, this is just horrible. No level design, the emeralds are horribly placed, and the concept needs to die. Sorry, read the wiki and start over.

Oh my God, this is terrible.

Let's cover the basics.
#1) Massive fields do not work in SRB2. For multiple reasons:
  • It's boring.
  • Moire patterns everywhere. While many maps have this, big empty ones are the worst.
  • There's absolutely nothing to do in them.

#2) Item placement is important.
  • Sticking random items everywhere is a bad idea.
  • Items need to have some sort of rhyme or reason to why they're there.

#3) Random enemies and lots of Eggmen never work.
  • It does not serve to make a level interesting. Just tedious and annoying.
  • There is no gameplay value to tons of random enemies floating around everywhere.
  • See point #2.

#4) Read this: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_Design_101
It'll cover everything you need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back