easiest way to make a thok barrier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone, I want to know how to make a thok barrier properly in a way that will be easy make one.
Note, I'm not asking for a tutorial on how to make a thok barrier, I already know how to make one, but I'm having problem when I,m going to make my map, beucase is very annoying, to "expand" an existing thok barrier to make/fit a new room.
So, what I truly want to know is, the easiest way to make one.
for example:"it's more easy to make first, an structure inside a big thok area, and after this apply the thok barrier to the level geometry?"

please if you can't undersatand what I've said above, just tell me how do you apply the thok barrier to your levels(easiest way).

Last edited:
What I do when I need to add a new room is make a hole in the thok barrier, add the room with its own thok barrier, and manually fiddle with the sector references until the thok barrier of the old room and the thok barrier of the new room are the same sector.

Last edited:
No offense, but that's a really inefficient and slow way to do it. I just add extra vertices onto the thok barrier, and pull it out to make more room.

Sometimes I do that too. But I posted the way I do it, because it's what I'm comfortable with. It's the same reason why I manually build FOFs. I just can't wrap my head around the SRB2DB FOF builder.

For your Thok Barrier problem...

scalev.png

Oh yeah, the FOF Builder is broken in 2.0

Last edited:
By far, the easiest way to make a thok barrier is to start out the map with a gigantic box and then build the entire map inside the box. When you're done, simply take the box and make it fit the form of the map, adding one-sided linedefs in the middle of the map as necessary for framerate.

thank you all, I was building my thok barriers like Mystic said, but, I asked here because the thok barrier give's me a very hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back