• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dude Character work in progress announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

zck2020

Before you ask, no, this is not for or about Dude_ the user. Anyway, this is a preview for my next upcoming character wad. (not a joke wad/mod) The name of this new character is simply: Dude. He's an origional character of mine that I developed years ago before I even knew of Sonic Robo Blast 2. So, I made him all on my own.
He's part of a trio of heros in a comic series I created dubbed: The SUPER DUDES! He is the first of 3 characters that I've decided to turn into playable Srb2 characters.
The other two of his companions are Switch and Mouse (They're not going to be released for a while). I've decided to create these characters by literally drawing them on paper, then scanning them into the computer, then tracing over them on the computer. Example screenshot:

12cj5.jpg

Although some of you might be thinking: "WTF?! Why the hell does this guy keep making these stupid joke wads?!" Truth is, this isn't a joke wad. It's just a simple custom character. So if you're about to complain about the too many joke wads crap, don't.
Some other interesting fetures that I'll include to this character are actual running and walking sprites, taunts (If you don't like the taunts, tough.), not over-powered stats, nothing that perves will notice, and more.
So, there you go. Now for screenshots:

spritespz7.jpg

sprites2fc0.jpg

sprites3vt0.jpg

sprites4rl3.jpg

(For thos who recodnize that I'm using Flashplayer, and are puzzled by this, the answer as to why is: nunya, I'll do things my way, you'll do things your way.)

Ah, yes, and here is a scanned drawing I drew of the SUPER DUDES!:

superdudes0001hr1.jpg

It may look like a joke wad, but it's not, he's just a character, no strings attatched. Sure he looks goofy, but, he is a cartoon mind you. And that's just what my cartooning style is. Just because he's not a joke wad doesn't mean he has to be completely seriouse. It's not like he farts out fire like to stick dude character. Plus, that's how I've always drawn him.

And, Dude is basically the goofball of the SUPER DUDES! Switch and Mouse are not as silly.

zck2020, I suggest you copyright those characters (I mean, actually purchasing a copyright license). You seem to have a unique art ability that would be good for a cartoon, one day. =)

He predraws them, and then processes them in Flash for coloring.

It's a good thing, too. This is one of the only legitimate custom characters that is actually drawn out first.

Looks nice, a welcome change to all the bull shit wads that come up, and not your ruddy recolors. Nor the wireframes.

Oh, and mine are drawn as well. Then I sprite them.

Sykotic said:
...and not your ruddy recolors. Nor the wireframes...

What do you mean? I don't recall making any re-colors, nor wireframes. (unless you consider a stickman with A.D.D. a wireframe)

Anyway.Well thank you. And I do have kinda a copyright on them. But my parents set that up, so i don't know much about the details. But thanx.^_^

BTW: I made an entire comic book consisting of about 5-7 stories 'bout 4-5 years ago. I handed a copy to everyone in my class on the last day of school. That's how much my friends liked it. And I'm glad you like it too! *Smiles Hugely*

zck2020 said:
Sykotic said:
...and not your ruddy recolors. Nor the wireframes...

What do you mean? I don't recall making any re-colors, nor wireframes. (unless you consider a stickman with A.D.D. a wireframe)

This forum is a breeding ground for sucktastic wad makers. Reason being is because you have to be good at what you do or you're a noob. Don't lie people, it's true. You know damn well it is.

So... are you going to SOC a custom ability for this character, or just use double jump or something?

No. Since I completely suck at socing. Plus, why would I want to soc an ability when I can just type in a number?

Segmint said:
He predraws them, and then processes them in Flash for coloring.

It's a good thing, too. This is one of the only legitimate custom characters that is actually drawn out first.

Yeah...about that. There's a bit of a snag. When I first tested the first few completed frams, they looked bad. (I mean the picture itself was good, but, the quality sucked) For some reason, when ever I copy and paste the flash drawings to paint, they're pasted in JPEG format so it looks bad during gameplay. Like there's a blue line all around the sprite. I'm sure I'll figure out how to fix it eventually, but any suggestions in the meantime would be nice.>_>

zck2020 said:
No. Since I completely suck at socing. Plus, why would I want to soc an ability when I can just type in a number?

Because that really sets a character wad apart from the rest of the rabble. (Other than the fact that its not a recolor.)

Segmint said:
If you SCAN them, make sure you convert them to BMP or PNG before you open it. *shrug*

Fixed. Long story short. And, no offense, that wouldn't have helped, but thanks anyway.

Oh yeah, and, when I tested the correct sprites, they worked great, but, they're kind of goofier than was intended. But he is still NOT a joke wad/mod. And one last thing, after Ive released this character, should I release his other two companoins in the same release, or seperate? (the Switch and Mouse characters)

^_^ True. I'll try to get some screenshots of progress A.S.A.P. (most likely after the next post so I don't double post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back