DS vs PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
JigglyWiggly said:
DS is so hardware limited to do anything useful other just playing a game. It's not very innovative at all.

The idea of a games console is to play games. Besides, DS was (and still is) cheaper than the PSP. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the multimedia features of the PSP; stupid requirements for videos, and my MP3 player has way better sound reproduction for music and doesn't have stupid shoulder buttons that are incredibly sensitive and switch song when an ant jumps on them.

And "DS is not innovative". How many games consoles can you say make use of a touch screen? There is a few times where it's way better than the PSP in that regard (Metroid Prime: Hunters, mini games in Mario 64 DS, etc).

Also note the increased battery life of the DS.

Also, iirc, the DSi has an SD card slot, and older DSes could make use of the "R4" card for homebrew and stuff. A PSP and DS can do pretty much the same things; there's a browser for the DS, and plenty of homebrew media apps for it too, I'd expect.

JigglyWiggly said:
How do you play them...? I'm not too familiar with the DS but I mean how do you put them onto the ds does it have sd slot somewhere?
There are cards called flash cads for the ds slot that can connect to the computer. It can be used to run programs that run ds games nes games Genesis games on the ds. the cheapest flash card is about $60 but if you get one
, you can freaking download ds games and play them on your ds using a micro sd card.

Naga said:
JigglyWiggly said:
DS is so hardware limited to do anything useful other just playing a game. It's not very innovative at all.

The idea of a games console is to play games. Besides, DS was (and still is) cheaper than the PSP. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the multimedia features of the PSP; stupid requirements for videos, and my MP3 player has way better sound reproduction for music and doesn't have stupid shoulder buttons that are incredibly sensitive and switch song when an ant jumps on them.

And "DS is not innovative". How many games consoles can you say make use of a touch screen? There is a few times where it's way better than the PSP in that regard (Metroid Prime: Hunters, mini games in Mario 64 DS, etc).

Also, iirc, the DSi has an SD card slot, and older DSes could make use of the "R4" card for homebrew and stuff. A PSP and DS can do pretty much the same things; there's a browser for the DS, and plenty of homebrew media apps for it too, I'd expect.
Yeah that's also more work. PSP... buy a sandisk flash memory card 4 gigs 35 bucks, or just buy a convert 30 bucks + 8 gig microsdhc card(14 dollars) flash it to 1.5 firmware, get cfw to 5.0 and yeah your done. Have fun putting insane loads of games. DS can't emulate ps1 games btw. Play ahem backups.

BTW I have not yet played a fun DS game that blew me away, patapon on psp = ownage.

work involved here = not worth it http://www.gameboy-advance.net/nintendo_ds/play-nds-roms.htm

JigglyWiggly said:
Naga said:
JigglyWiggly said:

Yeah that's also more work. PSP... buy a sandisk flash memory card 4 gigs 35 bucks, or just buy a convert 30 bucks + 8 gig microsdhc card(14 dollars) flash it to 1.5 firmware, get cfw to 5.0 and yeah your done. Have fun putting insane loads of games. DS can't emulate ps1 games btw. Play ahem backups.

BTW I have not yet played a fun DS game that blew me away, patapon on psp = ownage.

work involved here = not worth it http://www.gameboy-advance.net/nintendo_ds/play-nds-roms.htm
You're apparenty never heard of FF3,gundam 00,FF4, Contact, Jump ultimate stars,The world ends with you,Phantasy star zero, The list steches man. Have you played/seen any of these?
Althought patapon is win for the psp.

Ich kann sagen **** nicht. Ich habe sowohl den Nintendo DS als auch den PSP.

In case you are curious, "I can't say shite. I have both the Nintendo DS and the PSP."

Don't evade the curse filter, even if it is a different language.

I use my PSP more than my DS, but in no way are any of them 'bad'.
It's simply a matter of opinion, fanboyism, and facts.
If you like one system more than the other, chances are you'll never be convinced to change your opinion.
DS homebrew is easier to get than PSP.
PSP involves downgrading and a memory stick; DS just needs a special card for it.

Dr.Pepper said:
JigglyWiggly said:
Don't you know how outdated that is? Try looking at the R4, ( http://r4ds.cn/r4ds.html ) there's no risk of bricking your DS, it's not that expensive, doesn't stick out like a sore-thumb, and very quick/easy to setup. There's hardly any real work involved in getting homebrew and backups running on the DS.

Still more work, you have to BUY things. PSP, let's see get 1.5 firmware > install 5.0 CFW firmware and I'm done. I download any psp game i want(backups) and emulate ps1. Try that on a DS. Ds is so big and chunky, btw games on psp are more fun. No patapon on the DS, and ridge racer owns :)

I do agree that the PSP has alot more stuff than the ds. But the PSP dosent have the abilaty to play games before it in the origanal format (the GBA slot on the ds). Though you can get (some) games from the origanal PlayStation on the PSP. The ds supports ALL of the gba games.

Well I want a PSP just to get The kingdom Hearts game that's comming out, that and a copy of Disagea for it as well. But I would say DS is better when it comes to entertainment. I mean has more games for it, and since God of war, what else have we heared from the PSP?

Every other week the ds comes out with a new game. Every other month the PSP comes out with a new game... You do the math.

Plus the ds has Guitar Hero. lolz

RE4FAN said:
If you like one system more than the other, chances are you'll never be convinced to change your opinion.
PSP involves downgrading and a memory stick; DS just needs a special card for it.

If I'm not mistaken, PSP actually needs modchips to play homebrew. Modchips are instafail.

blargen said:
Every other week the ds comes out with a new game. Every other month the PSP comes out with a new game... You do the math.

when it comes to entertainment. I mean it has more games for it.

Im talking about something good. Most of the games comming out for the PSP now are junk. Only thing helping the PSP are the movies, music, and some online games made for it. Thats really what I ment on good games (and im aware that the DS has it's share of crappy made games mind you).

The Sega Nomad has the most horrible battery life of any handheld system known to man as far as I'm considered. Isn't its battery life like 90-150 minutes?

:SonicMaster: said:
The Sega Nomad has the most horrible battery life of any handheld system known to man as far as I'm considered. Isn't its battery life like 90-150 minutes?

Minus 10 on 150 minutes= 140 minutes.

:SonicMaster: said:
RE4FAN said:

If I'm not mistaken, PSP actually needs modchips to play homebrew. Modchips are instafail.

Sorry to say dude but nope, it just needs custom firmware, that can be activated on any PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back