Dreamcast thinks SRB2 DC is a music CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRB

I need help, sorry if this sounds stupid but I tried putting the disk image of SRB2Dreamcast onto a CD-R but it thinks it's a music CD.
Please help me, I need a simple worded instruction set on how to do this!

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
For future reference, please use meaningful topic subjects as stated in Rule 10. I fixed it for you this time.

I think you got it wrong. He didn't say sounds weren't working. He is saying that it doesn't recognize the game as a game disc. It recognizes it as a music CD that you listen to.

Oh thanks, I fixed it for real this time.

This just proves getting the topic title right IS important. :P

Well, see if you can get ahold of a blank disk designed for Dreamcast games. If you can't, you're screwed.

Unless SRB2DC is over 700 MB, a normal everyday CD-R should work. A GD-ROM (Type of CD that the Official DC games use.) can't be fully read by 99.5% of all CD/DVD drives in existence.
SML said:
Well, see if you can get ahold of a blank disk designed for Dreamcast games. If you can't, you're screwed
Ah ha ha, no. Normal CDs work perfectly fine for homebrew on the DC.

Is your Dreamcast a modded one or one made before October 2000? If so it should be able to read CDr's. Oct 2000 and up can not unless they have music on them, and even then it would only read the music.

If it's SRB2 2.0.4, there isn't a selfbooting CDI version, so just burning the ISO to a CD-R won't make it boot up on your Dreamcast. (In other words, it doesn't work right now) You can try using a swap disc/boot disc though. Mine wasn't successful, but angelXwind seemed to get it to work like that.

Is your Dreamcast a modded one or one made before October 2000? If so it should be able to read CDr's. Oct 2000 and up can not unless they have music on them, and even then it would only read the music.
Sorry, this might sound a little..uh..noobish,
but..
How do you mod a DC? ^_^;;

You open the thing up, you buy some chip thing (Depending on what you're doing), you solder it in. And again, if you're using SRB2 DC 2.0.4, this isn't necessary, because it won't make it work. It would be helpful if you answered the other questions first, so we can help you. Like he said, if your Dreamcast was made before October 2000, you don't need to mod it. SRB2 2.0.4 DC doesn't boot up on its own, so if that's the version you used, don't bother trying to mod your DC.

I don't know when it was made, it's a hand me down.
Second, I just downloaded the disk image from DC Evolution.

That's 1.08/1.09 or whatever it was. It should work right off the bat, so it may actually be the case of your Dreamcast model. Have you tried any other games or tools on this Dreamcast before?

SRB Look on the bottom of your Dreamcast on it should be a "sticker" with a bit that says the manufacture month and year. Mine saayes it was made in September of 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back