double jump and bad sprite frame errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilaj67

What you Lookin at?
ok i have a wad and i want to know how to make him do wall jump what properties do i do like ability = something like that. and also i need to know how to keep bad sprite frame 38/15 from happening so that i can add him and he can be playable by not just me other players

You should probably post these topics in Editing Help instead of the ordinary Help section in the future. As for your problem, there's no real easy way to make a character walljump, you have to SOC it. If you don't know how to make your own SOCs, you could take a look at the coding for the custom character Senku's walljump, although you'd have to give credit to Senku's creator if you copy it verbatim.

frame errors

so what do i do with the frame erros to make it playable online or able to make him playable by other people online

Upload it to a file host such as Sendspace or Mediafire and post the link to it here.

*Points to the Wiki* This is why thw Wiki was made...anyway, do lumps with lowercase letters have those lowercase letters?

You don't need to wait until it's completely finished to post it, Lilaj. No one's going to judge the quality of a WAD posted in a help topic.

You don't need to wait until it's completely finished to post it, Lilaj. No one's going to judge the quality of a WAD posted in a help topic.

Don't wanna be a dick, but do we include doomed recolors into this...? But this is irrelevant. Post away with ze link.

You should probably use a different file host than 4shared, since you need an account to use it. Personally, I recommend Sendspace.

No, because you posted it on 4shared. Please upload it to sendspace.com and post the link here.

Here is the send space link; http://www.sendspace.com/file/9kzmbi

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

And color fails, "it's my first so it has a lot problems". So like i want to change color and it wont change full it just changes shaded parts of him.

I'm taking a look at the file right now.

EDIT: http://www.sendspace.com/file/z8ff2y

This version has all of the various bugs that I found fixed. The life icon's offsets have been changed, placeholder sprites have been added for the animations you haven't finished yet (please fix the jumping and running frames, by the way), and he's been given Senku's walljump ability. However, since I copied the SOC verbatim, he also has Senku's "diamond cracker" stomp attack that is used when the jump button is pressed in mid-air when not near a wall. Let me know if you want me to improve the walljump a bit/give him a replacement for the diamond cracker.

EDIT 2: Color changing fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back