dose anyone still play??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarg

When i log in i only see like 2 or 3 servers now a days. Theres hardly any one on. ware the playas at?

It's either a lot of people don't know about the new one,which I doubt.Or because the reason a lot of people don't come on.

Because of the recent IP address thingy with the master server. The worst n00bs have probably disapeared. Yeah, that means 6/5 of all servers were n00b servers, because that how many servers have been disapearing for some reason too.

I still play. Not as often as I used to. I have found some other games and things to attend to like figuring out what I'm going to do with my life instead of playing video games all the time.

You usally can see ALOT of servers on weekends...

Not sure about what the numbers gunna be with the IP change

I still host whenever I can. I've got a pretty good connection right now too; 20 players at one point. It's always on Match though, so if you don't like Match, you probably won't be interested.

FuriousFox said:
I still host whenever I can. I've got a pretty good connection right now too; 20 players at one point. It's always on Match though, so if you don't like Match, you probably won't be interested.
:eek: 2-20...p-players....

What I don't get is that a not-very-powerfull-computer-needing game can lag with like 6 people, yet high detailed games like Jedi academy can run 30 people no problem :?

NeoJames said:
FuriousFox said:
:eek: 2-20...p-players....

What I don't get is that a not-very-powerfull-computer-needing game can lag with like 6 people, yet high detailed games like Jedi academy can run 30 people no problem :?

I doubt that you even had 30 people on your server. Also, it all relates to your internet connection and the other peoples connections. If they lag, you lag as well as that is how SRB2 is designed to work.

Sonict

And other games probably have better network code that is internetally (think environmentally for the internet) friendly.

'sall about the code these days, and a decent connection. But no, no way could you have managed to host 30 people if you can only host 6 on SRB2.

Well..thats just what happens...lag is a VERY common thing in SRB2, yet in Jedi Academy...well...lag is near non-existant

Super mystic sonic said:
Yeah, that means 6/5 of all servers were n00b servers, because that how many servers have been disapearing for some reason too.

..six out of five? lrn 2 fracshun

NeoJames said:
Well..thats just what happens...lag is a VERY common thing in SRB2, yet in Jedi Academy...well...lag is near non-existant

Correct, that game may have non-existant lag because instead of people moving slow, they are skipping all over the place in the game making it hard to hit anyone. SRB2 is different from other games when it comes to netplay.

Sonict

The game you're talking about probably DOES lag, it's just that it's made unnoticeable. If you ever run around a corner in a shooting game and still get killed, that's because of lag.

I thought about the time zones. I've noticed how different people always get on at the same time as usual. That causes a little bit of the people loss, but I doubt that is the main reason.
By the way, I actually PLAY SRB2 almost everyday.

I'm bored, it's raining, and I'm listening to a continuous CD of Bleed it Out by Linkin Park. Netgame, anyone? I prefer Co-op and CTF. I almost NEVER see ANY servers these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back