Doombuilder starpost problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phlap

This may have been asked before, but i searched and found nothing on it

In doombuilder, in a level with more than 1 starpost placed,
activating 1 will render the others all blinking and unusable.

I've tried deaffing and undeaffing to see if the problem remained, and it did.
How do you fix this?

The flagvalue manages which starpost is first, second third... etc.

The starposts will be there, even if you have not activated the "easy", "normal" and "hard" flag. The starpost with a bigger flagvalue will activate all starposts with a smaller value.

No flags activated = value 0
"Easy" flag activated = value 1
"Normal" flag activated = value 2
"Hard" flag activated = value 4
"Deaf" flag activated = value 8

If you are activating multiple flags, they will sum up.
For example:

"Easy" and "Normal" flag activated = value 3
"Normal and "Deaf" flag activated = value 10

So you might give your first starpost no flag, the second starpost only the "Easy" flag, the third starpost only the "Normal" flag and the fourth starpost the "Easy" and "Normal" flag. To make them having their position as equivalent flagvalues.
Got the idea? :wink:

Morph said:
The flagvalue manages which starpost is first, second third... etc.

The starposts will be there, even if you have not activated the "easy", "normal" and "hard" flag. The starpost with a bigger flagvalue will activate all starposts with a smaller value.

-snip-

So you might give your first starpost no flag, the second starpost only the "Easy" flag, the third starpost only the "Normal" flag and the fourth starpost the "Easy" and "Normal" flag. To make them having their position as equivalent flagvalues.
Got the idea? :wink:
You can also just type the number directly into the 'flags value' box.

Thanks a bunch guys I'll try that out now.

(I aleays thought setting the easy,normal,hard values would make them dissapear on whatever difficulty the map was played on)

Phlap said:
(I aleays thought setting the easy,normal,hard values would make them dissapear on whatever difficulty the map was played on)
Yeah in the case of normal objects you are right. But not all objects work the same way.
You should check out the SRB2 Specials List to learn how the different objects work. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back