• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

doombuilder problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegix

Generally Friendly
I am trying to learn how to make a level, but whenever I try to set a floor or ceiling flat (the graphic for the ceiling or floor), I get a messagebox that says "runtime error 9. subscript out of range".

I have all the wall templates, and all the "things".

can someone please tell me what to do about the Runtime error?

That's a bug in DB. The first time you set any flats/textures on a map, you need to type a valid name in the text box before you can use the browser.

for some reason, I cannot load F_SKY1.

and if I try to select a flat trough the graphic box, then it gives me "runtime error 424. object required".

Info please?

Utterly Pointless Tagline

Aegix said:
for some reason, I cannot load F_SKY1.

and if I try to select a flat trough the graphic box, then it gives me "runtime error 424. object required".

Info please?
F_SKY1 isn't really the name of a flat. It's just a signal to the game that says "load whatever sky you're meant to load, please". Although you'll see "Unknown Flat" in DB, it'll display fine in-game.

And that's another bug you've hit. Pressing TAB crashes DB if no texture/flat is selected in the browser. As a workaround, you need to have at least one valid flat (other than F_SKY1, which, as I mentioned, doesn't exist) set in a sector somewhere, whose name you'll have to enter manually. Then, makes sure there's a highlighted selection before hiting TAB.

Or you could use SRB2DB, which fixes both problems. (I resisted plugging it last time, but twice was too hard... :P)

Re: Utterly Pointless Tagline

thanks. and:

Oogaland said:
Or you could use SRB2DB, which fixes both problems. (I resisted plugging it last time, but twice was too hard... :P)

where can I get this? it would take a load off my back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back