Doom Builder Questions EDIT: New Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. My boss just sits on the the ground until you hit him. Even then he just flys around slowly and doesn't even fire missles.

New question answered by Wiki.

First, we need no permission if it's just a freaking small glitchy square.
If you want sky for walls, use the thok barrier. Set F_SKY1 to the thokbarrier ceiling. The above half of your wall should now be sky.
As for that, it's probably the bosses problem, unless you've been doing some SOCing.

And black walls? Which renderer, please.

BlueZero4 said:
First, we need no permission if it's just a freaking small glitchy square.
If you want sky for walls, use the thok barrier. Set F_SKY1 to the thokbarrier ceiling. The above half of your wall should now be sky.
As for that, it's probably the bosses problem, unless you've been doing some SOCing.

And black walls? Which renderer, please.
1. "glitchey square"?
2. I want sky for ceiling.
3. Bosses problem. So now there is something wrong with doom builder.
4. http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=e93a49e3931989881b5f426324e4e323

Your biggest problem here is that you've got too many unclosed sectors. Essentially, you've deleted a linedef needed to put textures on. So then without that linedef, you've got nothing to set a texture to, and thus the missing texture problem can't be fixed.

So, uh, yeah, please scrap this map and start a new one to save yourself the pain and agony of fixing this one.

Further to what's been said above, I'd suggest that you read this article on the Wiki. Unless you're utterly certain about what you're doing, never delete linedefs. Merge sectors instead.

Please help. Prefably from Doom Builder God Oogaland.
I appreciate your polite intentions, but kindly don't put it like that. Thank you.

Oogaland said:
Further to what's been said above, I'd suggest that you read this article on the Wiki. Unless you're utterly certain about what you're doing, never delete linedefs. Merge sectors instead.

I appreciate your polite intentions, but kindly don't put it like that. Thank you.

How's this?
bowingrl7.gif

I appreciate your polite intentions, but kindly don't put it like that. Thank you.[/quote]

Aww man... *Tears down shrine*

In regards to 2), I think what you mean is why do certain skys show up in the texture browser, the reason is unknown to me. For ceilings use F_SKY1 (It shows a black box) and change the type of sky in the header

Super Sonic Oblivion said:
How's this?
I was thinking more along the lines of Non habebis deos alienos coram me; I wouldn't want to be guilty of idolatry by consent or silence.

There is a touch of flippancy in the above, but only a touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back