Doom Builder Freezes when things highlighted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I wrote here but there is a problem with both Original and SRB2 Doombuilder on my Windows ME, when in "things mode" I click on an area and then the screen locks up. Sometimes I have to unplug the computer, which is unhealthy! :( Do you know how to get this problem fixed?

Perhaps you are missing important files, such as the thing graphics, or the configuration file. Have you tried editing the things in an existing level?

Sounds like something is very seriously amiss. When you say 'click on an area', what exactly do you mean? And the times where you don't have to unplug your computer, what happens?

Sounds like something is very seriously amiss. When you say 'click on an area', what exactly do you mean? And the times where you don't have to unplug your computer, what happens?

When I mean click on an area, I am talking about what the mouse is doing here:
builder.gif

And when It does not totally lock up, I just use the Ctl+Alt+Del Menu and it says "not responding"

Perhaps you are missing important files, such as the thing graphics, or the configuration file. Have you tried editing the things in an existing level?

I do have srb2.srb. Does that have to be in the Doom Builder folder. It also said for the 3D mode configuration that I need a later Direct X and the default thing is set to 1. There are multiple DLLs, fonts, and the Zenode. Do I need anything else?

Okay, thanks. Some more avenues of exploration:
  1. Can you select lines and sectors without problems?
  2. Do you have older versions of (SRB2) Doom Builder installed? If one version finds another's DLLs, things go haywire.
If sectors and lines are also causing problems, you might want to try this in Start/Run:

Code:
regsvr32 scrrun.dll

It's maybe worth a shot even if lines and sectors are okay. You could also look into upgrading the Windows Scripting Host.

A1. I can add lines and sectors.
A2. I had original doom builder before this, but I uninstalled it after I discovered this.

I tryed the first thing and it said "scrrun.dll" successful. I will try tomorrow to add the second files, however.

Honestly, with my experiences with Doombuilder, and hearing other's experiences aswell, I only have the following advice, however bad it may be.

Use Wad Author.

Segmint said:
Honestly, with my experiences with Doombuilder, and hearing other's experiences aswell, I only have the following advice, however bad it may be.

Use Wad Author.
You must be joking. I am one of the older members who uses WadAuthor because it's what I'm used to, and I can attest that it's one of the most buggy, outdated, and stupid programs I've ever used. The only reason I don't switch is because I don't want to learn a new program currently.

If you're learning how to WAD, there is simply no reason to use a program last updated in 1996 with as many bugs and problems as you'd expect 11 years would give you.

I tryed installing the DLL's and it still froze.
Mabye I will try Wad Author or that other program in the Wadauthor Tutorial. They may be dated but I am using a dated computer to edit it because I cannot download much on the main computer in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back