Donkey Kong Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rival

http://www.unseen64.tk/

August 22, 2001 - As if the promise of Mario Kart on GameCube weren't enough, Nintendo's most beloved second-party, Rare, is diligently working on a new racing game featuring franchise characters. Donkey Kong Racing is Rare's new 3D racer, which takes place in the heart of various jungle locals based on the Donkey Kong world. Nintendo surprised everyone by showcasing a brief pre-rendered clip of the new DKR at GameCube's unveiling. The short video snippet demonstrated Rare's vision for a lush tropical world, crawling with animals -- your vehicles -- of every kind.

Features * Choose to play as one of your favorite monkeys: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Tiny Kong and more * Saddle up and brave the tropical landscape with a rhino, piranha, or ostrich in high-action races * Take to the sky, sea, or land for numerous amounts of strategic routes * Ride through blooming jungle scenery, teeming with wildlife of all kinds * Turn you animal(s) of choice into true thoroughbreds by collecting food and prizes during races * Hear a fully orchestrated soundtrack and pristine sound effects in Dolby Surround * Experience "real-world phenomena" such as fading sunlight, shifting shadows, swaying trees, etc * One to four players * Available in 2002

http://cube.ign.com/articles/136/1365...

Sadly they didn't release it. They are thinking about putting it on the Wii I think.

Yeah. While Diddy Kong's version was going great they decided to make a Donkey Kong version. Too bad this one got cancelled.

As a reminder, this was canceled when Rareware was sold to Microsoft. No shock there. Diddy Kong Racing is an okay game on the N64, but I couldn't stand the DS port.

Luckily they are going to save Donkey Kong Racing by making a new racing game for wii called Donkey Kong Jet. Want to know about it? :wink:

Would that be a new game, or is it the new name for DK Bongo Blast? Really, I think Donkey Kong has been pretty boring for years. The last real DK game was DK64. DK Jungle Beat was pretty close, but not quite..

I will have a seizure if I find out there's a new DK rhythm game coming out for the Wii. DKJB already wins, let's see what else they can come up with.

Shuffle,about your question Donkey Kong Jet is the new name for Donkey Kong Bongo Blast but its more than barrels now,now there is animal buddies,boats and has the same thing Diddy Kong Racing does,certain veichles on certain coursses. :eek:

And interesting characters like a kremlin family replica of Donkey,Diddy and Dixie and a kremlin with a barrel over his head and a bunch of items like a purple squak [dont know what it does] and do tricks on certain jumps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back