Does Srb2 work with an controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRINACE

Hey guys it's me again. I was just wondering if Srb2 works with PC controllers? Mainly the Xbox 360 controller?

In short, yes, I have mine set up to work with it.

X and Y axis is the left analog stick, X and Y rudder is the right stick, and the Z Axis is the Left and Right triggers.

And you just set up the buttons like normal with the controller.

It stays fun for as long as analoge mode is enabled. Otherwise, it just sucks. Why isn't analoge mode allowed to be anabled in netgames? I don't see the problem.

cueball61 said:
X and Y axis is the left analog stick, X and Y rudder is the right stick, and the Z Axis is the Left and Right triggers.
Much as that may work for you, Z does the left and right of the right stick for me.

SSNTails said:

Yeah I read the manual but I guess I skipped the part saying you could use controllers but you didn't read what I wrote word for word SSNTails.

look

Hey guys it's me again. I was just wondering if Srb2 works with PC controllers? Mainly the Xbox 360 controller?[/quote]

I just use my PS2 controller(don't ask...) and it's fun to use ^_^. Even without analog like SMS said. The only bad thing is, I use the mouse in match, and I only strafe left because thats the only button in reach of my finger >.<.

Anyway it's possible. Just plug in the controller, check to see if it's working in the control panel, and ether use the "USE_JOYSTICK" command or just go into options.

Get an adapter or a GC controller made by a 3rd party developer that has a USB port instead of a GC plug.

BlueZero4 said:
cueball61 said:
Much as that may work for you, Z does the left and right of the right stick for me.

No sir, on a 360 controller the Z Axis is always the Trigger buttons, due to pressure.

I asked Alam to try and make a fire axis especially for that... I dunno if he managed to get it working though.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this, but this person want to know if and how to use a 360 controller with srb2. I also would like to know.

cueball61 said:
In short, yes, I have mine set up to work with it.

And you just set up the buttons like normal with the controller.

Plug the controller in through the computer's USB port and install the drivers.

Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back