Does renaming an addon make it incompatible for server hosting for others?

If I rename a pk3 and my friend wants to join my server and has the same pk3 but with its original name, would it still work? or do both of us have to have the exact same name for the pk3?

I only ask because my friend has only been able to join my server by having the same addon files (he can't download them from me when joining for some reason).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Both clients have to have the same file, name included. If they don't, the host client will attempt to send their copy to the connecting client, unless file downloading is turned off on the host's end. As for the problem your friend has, I have no idea how you could fix that.

If I rename a pk3 and my friend wants to join my server and has the same pk3 but with its original name, would it still work? or do both of us have to have the exact same name for the pk3?

I only ask because my friend has only been able to join my server by having the same addon files (he can't download them from me when joining for some reason).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)
No it wont work as srb2 loads files with the exact same name same if the mod you use has the same name but is different

Make others able to doawnload bigger file...WAIT HOLD ON YOU WEREN'T USING IT?!
I was not. I am very new to server hosting XD. I got as far as being able to host a server for my friend to join, and then sending him the same addons so that he could actually join in. I jhad no clue there were console commands I should be using D:

Then theres some others but these are so complicated to use i didnt add them
The modded two ones in the modded category are from a mod i forgot the name eh guess ill just pass by:

Attachments

• HeatmeterNoise_walk.gif
    HeatmeterNoise_walk.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 63

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back