Does anyone know anything about this?

Spunch T. S. Koopa

i like annalynn :) Fkodsa!
It's a South Korea-exclusive Windows 95/98/2000 port of the original Pac-Man World on PS1. I like to call it Pac-Man World SK (due to the country it released in).
These are the only two existing images (of the front and back box). I have gone out of my way to translate them to English and Spanish through Google Translate. Take a look:
front (untranslated):
pac-man world sk front.png

front (English):

pac-man world sk front.png

front (Spanish):
pac-man world sk front (1).png

back (untranslated):
pac-man world sk back_.jpg

back (English):
7ad8de3d-1813-4324-a9b3-10c812fe47e0.jpg

back (Spanish):
94842e80-9ada-4d25-8e0b-f69d6209118a.jpg

As you can see on the bottom of the back, it's alternatively titled PAKMAN WORLD for some reason.
And through translating, we have uncovered a slight bit of more information. It says that the "Sales Agency" behind this port was a company titled Daebak Media (although it remains to be seen whether or not it's the same Daebak Media as seen in daebak.co), and that the "Supplier" of the port was a company titled YH Soft (although it remains to be seen whether THIS has any relation to YH Works, or if it was simply a subsidiary of Namco under a different name).
Also, we can see that it has three games. This is technically right, as the original had Quest mode, Classic mode, and Maze mode + Marathon Mode.
The untranslated were taken from the Pac-Man Wiki page on the original Pac-Man World, and even then the Pac-Man Wiki itself knows next to nothing. It only knows that it was released sometime in May of 2001, and that it MAY HAVE BEEN and unauthorized release.

Any information on this would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
No idea. The only bootleg Pac Man game I played as a kid used music from Pac Mania.

No idea. The only bootleg Pac Man game I played as a kid used music from Pac Mania.
THAT must have been a Pac-Mania port. Specify?
I say this because most bootlegs that use Pac-Mania's music are just bootleg ports of Pac-Mania, mostly made by Tengen, the same people responsible for the original Pac-Man NES port.
Post automatically merged:

Any information on this would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Maybe a user here has some Korean friends that may know a thing or two??
Post automatically merged:

Interesting discovery.I hope we can find more about this port or more lost ports.
Thank you! Me too! I have a feeling that the mystery of Pac-Man World SK will eventually unravel once it gets more attention.

Last edited:
Seems like it.
There's only one Reddit post on it and here's all they actually say about the software itself:
image.png
Damn.
It's defenitly a port, no doubt about it.
I have found a few details on Korean companies with basically the same names.
Daebak (LinkedIn)
YH Soft (Company List)
Can't say for sure if this is an official port or not.

As for something that may help:
Try posting something like this on the LM Wiki. I'm sure people can help you in some sort of way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone probably has a copy of this? There isn't much information about it. But, I can tell ya a few things I think:

1. This port was released, but was probably rare to find and/or get, so there wasn't much stuff about it.

2. This port was released, but Nameco told them something because the port was unofficial, so it went bye-bye. (I mean, there's no Nameco on the front or back. Although, maybe it was made with Nameco's permission, and they just didn't put their name/logo on it.)

This all I can say on it as of rn.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back