Does anyone have a Facebook or a Twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I take back my opinions about it being a place only for personal friends. I've gotten several users I met online as friends.
lol online friends. I don't really believe in the concepts of online friends, or at least they're very rare.I still wouldn't be sure about anybody until I meet them in person. Then again, I don't really like communicating over the internet with people you don't know.

lol online friends. I don't really believe in the concepts of online friends, or at least they're very rare.I still wouldn't be sure about anybody until I meet them in person. Then again, I don't really like communicating over the internet with people you don't know.

I've met 1 or 2 people that have a lot of common. I even talk to them a lot over Steam. We usually talk about cars and computers. I think online friends can be possible. Especially if you talk to them constantly and share a lot of common things.

I've met 1 or 2 people that have a lot of common. I even talk to them a lot over Steam. We usually talk about cars and computers. I think online friends can be possible. Especially if you talk to them constantly and share a lot of common things.

At the risk of sounding like a preachy 'gtfo your computer!' type person, I held the same opinion until I started focusing more on my IRL friends. Now I don't hold that opinion anymore - it just can't beat knowing people IRL. I do intend to meet one or two of you guys in real life sometime, though :P

Most of your friends have a Blackberry? In Venezuela? And I thought Venezuela was poor...

We live in one of the country´s most important regions. But they´re really expensive, the Minimum Wage is 1,250 BsF. and the standard price of a Blackberry is 3,000 BsF. (They sell them at 2,999 to make it look cheaper)

Also:

I think online friends can be possible. Especially if you talk to them constantly and share a lot of common things.

No, Interwebz are nasty. From what I´ve heard, 80% of the times Video Annonymus Chatrooms end up turning into Sausage fests. And that´s because the remaining 20% of people don´t know how to turn the camera on. Specially, since you have absolutely no idea of where that person is from, or HOW that person is, you can end up in a really awkard situation.

Metal Gear Online quote: (Sonark is me)
<Sonark> And that´s why I did it not.
<jamie9382> dude your english is horrible
<Sonark> Have you ever heard of non-native English speakers?
<jamie9382> ya
<jamie9382> theyre gay

(I think he didn´t get the sarcastic question)

<jamie9383> good thing they dont play on our servers
<Sonark> ORLY?
<jamie9382> ya they have their mexican server or something
<Lolnest> como dices?
<Sonark> *facepalm*
<Andres-X> Ey hablas epañol
<jamie9382> WTF
<jamie9382> go back to your mexican servers
<Sonark> Right... about that... there is no Mexican server
<Sonark> English and Spanish speakers connect to the same Main Server
<Sonark> Actually, the host is Argentinan.
<jamie9382> soooo?....
<Sonark> He doesn´t know how to speak english.
<jamie9382> he from mexico?
<Sonark> *facepalm*

Last edited:
I have a Facebook account, but I never use it.

While reading a review for that new Facebook movie, I was surprised to find out that the average Facebook user spends 55 minutes a day on the site. Wow.

I'm also surprised the spellchecker on Firefox doesn't recognize "Facebook" as a correctly-spelled term.

I have a Facebook account, but I never use it.

While reading a review for that new Facebook movie, I was surprised to find out that the average Facebook user spends 55 minutes a day on the site. Wow.

I'm also surprised the spellchecker on Firefox doesn't recognize "Facebook" as a correctly-spelled term.

The only reason I spend more than half hour on it is because right when I´m leaving, some friend contacts me trough chat. I don´t turn chat off ´cuz I like people to write on my wall when they see I´m online, but not to annoy me with a pointless chatting, if we´re most likeley gonna meet again the next day. >:(

If you´re gonna be giving away your Facebook profile, woudn´t it be logical to make it´s information public instead of friend-only?

I agree I mean I've met quite a few people online and got to know that we have a lot in common. We don't even have to be friends we could just be 2 people who are bored and just have a conversation. It's not like we are going to meet each other one day unless we go to the same school or live in the same neighborhod.

I usually have strange conversations with my friends, and by conversations I mean they start flaming me. Why? Because I get annoyed when I see that they're typing with horrid grammar on purpose. It may be my fault for correcting them, but then they start ganging up on me and coming up with lame excuses, like "its the internet nobody has good grammar". They're argument is then very invalid, and soon I just poke fun at them. Its especially worse with my cousin, grammar so bad it literrally contains numbers for letters. Note that most of these people are around the 12-15 age range.

Eh, you shouldn't really take hardly anything on the internet seriously. I used to correct my friend's grammar online before figuring out that such a practice made me look like an insufferable prick.

Eh, you shouldn't really take hardly anything on the internet seriously. I used to correct my friend's grammar online before figuring out that such a practice made me look like an insufferable prick.
I'd rather be a helpful prick than succumb to the ways of horrid grammar.

I don't have a Facebook or Myspace because my mom would kill me if I did. The only thing I managed to sneak out is a yahoo email account :-).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back