Do you think they should make a new sega console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably call it like a sega storm for the big console and the hand held sega neon. but they probably make more sonic games and bleach cause bleach is with sega for all those that don't know that.

The reason Sega will never make another console is from major budget cuts and loss in sales over time. That's why the Dreamcast failed so quickly; Sega just didn't want to deal with it anymore. Also they even said themselves that the Dreamcast was the last console they would ever make.

Dreamcast wasn't a failing system. It had good qualities and bad ones. Good games too. Non-sonic related ones is what I mean.

Presenting, the ADVANCED PICO BEENA!
Advanced_Pico_Beena_2008.jpg

Yes, SEGA is still making consoles.

I highly agree with Earuto. There's a LOT of ignorance towards how the Dreamcast died. Shoulda anyone assume it failed, you all should read the facts and know your Sega better. The Dreamcast didn't fail because it "sucked". It had great promos (such as subscribe to SegaNet and get a free Dreamcast) and plenty of 3rd party developers. If anything was failing, it was the Gamecube. Nintendo just had a good reserve of cash. If anyone wants the story, look at Eidolon's Inn (The Sega Base). The Dreamcast would've run DVD-Roms but due to the recent (at the time) budget problems they settle for GD-Rom which was very prone to piracy. It would've cost Sega $10.5 Million to include DVD-ROM capability during development. That's right, it would also play DVD's. It's not that Sega didn't want to make it DVD-ROM capable. It knew that would be a major blow towards the sales of the Dreamcast. They simply couldn't afford it especially after the over-hyped 32X shortage fiasco and the rarely advertised Sega Saturn which was also missing it's main Sonic game. At the time, DVD-ROM was very, and I mean very expensive back then when it was emerging. A big blow to the console was the fact that a lot of people would start all this piracy crap up which hurt sales even more, despite the Dreamcast DID sell well at launch in the U.S. but Sega pretty much lost Japan due to the PS2 (I hate Sony so much). One reason, read closely, one reason why the Dreamcast was the last console was because it was a promise that Peter Moore kept because Isao Okawa, the former chairman of Sega, told him that Sega should move on, make the Dreamcast the last console, and settle to become a 3rd party developer before he passed away in 2001. Peter Moore kept that promise. The current President of Sega is a douche. If you guys haven't seen that YouTube video of those two guys giving him the idea of the Dreamcast 2, you'll know what I mean.

Sorry for the history lesson, but that's nothing compared to the full thing.

I don't care if they make anymore consoles. I only bought SEGA's hardware just so I could play Sonic games, every other game on their systems always either bored me to death or failed to catch my interest. (Excluding Earthworm Jim, but the SNES version was way better. :P) Despite how much I like SEGA's hardware, I'd rather not be forced to buy them just to play newer Sonic games.

No, Sega shouldn't make a new console. They should develop for everyone else's, for pretty much the same reason other people have been saying. Then you can spend less money.

I think they should. back then All the people didn't think much about online gaming until now. IN FACT, (and dare I say it) The dreamcast took online gaming to a new level. It was fun, nice, and had the most pwnsome sonic games. Its kinda like when an artist dies And his work doesn't become popular until way long after he dies. Same with the the dreamcast. (online play became OH SO VERY popular when it died. so one could say the dream cast was TOO FAR a head of its time to survive.)If Sega made the dream cast again with less pay for play, with some new features, Better graphics(they already have gameplay.)In this day in age they'd kill the opposition.

Yeah, some one will have to move out of this to happen. Maybe if Microsoft finally gave up the xbox and went back to comps......

Did anyone notice the dramatic fall in quality of sonic after sega stoped makeing game systems? I mean Pre-2002 all the sonic games were a hit.
On consoles anyway. Then the Ps2 and Gamecube came out and thats about what made the dreamcast die.

In 2002 They relesed Sonic adveture 2 battle. A remake of Sonic adventure 2 for the gamecube. Nintendo did that to show how much better there graphics were. It ran smoother and controls we're more comfortalbe.

Then in 2003 they made Sonic adventure DX. A total graphic remake, yet the same game engien. This game had a large respons. Especily being on the pc.

Then after that. Sonic heroes relesed. The first sonic game to be relesed on more than 2 syestems. GC PS2 XBOX & PC. This game didn't get as much as a response as the other 2 games after the dreamcast.

Then in 2005 a little part of every sonic fan died (In my opinion anyway)with the relese of Shadow the hedgehog... A very low response on sonic fans. Shadow fans went crazy though.

Then the relese on Sonic the Hedgehog 06. Very unpopular umong most users. Next gen graphics don't make up for horibal gameplay, teribal loading times, and sonic not even being that fast. Only being relesed on the 360 and PS3.

Then in 2007 the first Sonic installment on the Wii. Sonic and the secret rings. Many people thought (after this relese) that sonic dosen't belong on the Wii. Mainly becase of bad response in the controls, and monotenis bosses. Almost unnoticeable storyline made this game also a little dull..

See the patern? The sonic games took a freefall to low scores after the games that were on the dreamcast came out on the gamecube. I remember reading a review on sonic heroes at gamespot. He said:

"Sonic heroes has to be the last decent sonic game that ever came out."

I agree with that term.

So I say yes to the idea of sega makeing a new game system.
Mabey name it the: Sega sonicwillbegoodnow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back