Distributed Denial of Dollars Attack (DDo$)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
http://dizzythinks.net/2009/05/pirate-bay-founders-invent-ddo-attack.html

Everyone sends a small amount of money in an electronic transfer to the law firm that represnted the music industry. Suggested amount is 1 SEK (equivalent to 0.13 USD. Apparently the law firm's bank account is only allowed 1000 electronic transactions before it starts to cost them, the account holder money.

Got, I love these guys. That's the funniest idea that's perfectly legal I've ever heard of. :D

As someone who uses The Pirate Bay more or less everyday, it's nice to see them getting back at those against them in a legal way for once. :)

I can only say that the plan is incredibly brilliant, and that the law firm is now fucked anally. Kudos to the Pirate Bay!

Oh my God, what a brilliant idea. Remind to put aside a dime and a nickel next time I get paid.

fawfulfan said:
I'm a little unclear on the concept here. How does this hurt the law firm?

If I'm understanding correctly, after 1000 electronic transfers to the law firm, it'll start hurting them instead.

It's high time we found a way to get revenge on these people. Music lawyers are the scum of society, the dregs of humanity, and the poison of all that is good. I'm loving this!

While this may be double sided, if this works and the law firm runs out of money then the music and film industry will have no choice but to get better or get lost.

Random the fox said:
Uhhh... Yay? Well, after 1000 electronic transfers, music lawyers start getting hurt? Whoop de do.

The Pirate Bay has a good few million supporters who will happily pay $0.13 to see the anti-piracy gang suffer. It'll cost them 1 SEK every time a transfer is made, that and time since they do their accounts by hand.

The guy that came up with this is a complete genius, and nothing less of the description. Go Pirate Bay!

MAKE MONEY MONEY, MAKE MONEY MONEY MONEY

[spoiler:e8f3580ce5]TAKE MONEY MONEY, TAKE MONEY MONEY MONEY[/spoiler:e8f3580ce5]

Pretty clever on TPB's part. I'd say I'm going to support them more, but given my hard drive's space, that isn't really possible.

Oh god, along with the Missing Link being found, this is one of the coolest things I've heard of this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back