Disney Presents.... Prince of Persia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is going to match the games all that much, but from the trailers, it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to watch, with all the neat special effects and parkour stunts. Of course, a trailer can make anything look good, and it IS a game movie... but I'm optimistic for this.

I'll be even more impressed if they actually manage to drop hints about the original two games from way back.
Outside of that, actually looks pretty cool.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this, not having played any Prince of Persia games before... All I can say is that I'm surprised Disney is producing this.

This looks interesting, and I'm not even a POP fan. I've never played the games either.

Maybe, for once, they'll make a good movie out of a video game.

I'd disagree with you there, but then I remembered this isn't Disney's 90's golden age anymore. And it is an adaptation of a videogame series, so a millions things could go wrong converting it to the silver screen.

Last edited:
I'd disagree with you there, but then I remembered this isn't Disney's 90's golden age anymore. And it is an adaptation of a videogame series, so a millions things could go wrong converting it to the silver screen.

But then, we'll also have to consider that Disney is trying to attract a young male audience what with their buyout of Marvel.

I only played the very first PoP on an old Apple computer, then the second Sands of Time game. I liked it so much on the GameCube, I got it for the PSP as well.

It's disappointing that it's from Disney, but I don't see anything wrong in that trailer. Except that you don't really get to see much of the prince staying in his transformation. It's only for show, apparently. And if that girl is supposed to be the one from the game that's just as athletic as you are, then they didn't do a good job at finding the right actress. The actor, on the other hand, seems to fit the bill completely.

It looks like a film that's relying less on script/acting/story telling and more on "holy crap that arrow just missed him by two inches" action. Here's hoping to god that it's not the best the film has to offer, because that trailer is downright cheese sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back