Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just figured out that if you put 2 sectors exactly at the same space and make their textures different, the textures will appear to combine! How is this?

Huh? Do you mean overlapping sectors, or two identical sectors with the same shape and location?

You use OpenGL, no?

I guessed that you use OGL because... well... I was about to say "Transparency", but software has that too.
Try running in software, and seeing what you get.

its nothing new, it actually seems like cheating with sectors to me. heh, just kidding. but seriously, youre not supposed to do that.

It can make serious bugs and stuff, actually. That's the main issue with it. The reason you're seeing the combining effect is because SRB2 doesn't know which sector is in front of the other, so it displays them both. Be careful out there in the world of the undefined if's... I've gotten burned plenty playing around with things that shouldn't happen.

Post count +1--^

Not defining a side texture could make a stair slope look like a real slope, I think that counts as 'messing around with things that shouldn't happen'.

Not defining a side texture could make a stair slope look like a real slope, I think that counts as 'messing around with things that shouldn't happen'.
No, it's called "abusing the HOM effect to do some weird things". Personally I disagree, I don't think the HOM effect looks much like a slope at all. It just... well, looks like the HOM effect on a surface made up of lots of stairs. Not to mention, it comes up as plain red in OpenGL mode, which I'm in most of the time.

I have a sudden urge to mess around with that something that shouldn't happen that Shuffle noted... Be right back. :P

You can see the effect in my Tails Base level, with the pipes.

I don't do it anymore because OpenGL makes it all red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back