Not open for further replies.

ZeldaGamer00

That guy who does things
When i try to run SRB2 in direct 3d it gives me this error:
Code:
LoadLibrary() FAILED: couldn't load "r_d3d.dll"
Error initializing Direct3D
and i have the dll in the same folder as SRB2
so can somebody point me to the right r_d3d.dll or tell me how to fix it?

No such DLL exists. A personal request to SSN told me he couldn't compile it at the time for whatever reason.

SRB2's D3D mode is identical to it's OpenGL mode anyway. It's only worth using if your hardware can, somehow, support D3D but not OpenGL.

yup thats my peace of crap 3d card for you 0.000000001% OpenGL Support (OpenGL stuff tends to run mega slow)
and Direct3D stuff runs fairly good

Draykon and Zeldagamer. Some older cards have zero OpenGL support. (I know my last two cards, Nvidia RIVA TNT II and SiS 6326, didn't) Causing games to run slow, maybe lack the colour red, or not run at all.

On newer cards, D3D might run slightly slower than OpenGL, but on older ones if you don't want to use Software then D3D is your only choice... or maybe Glide, but the DLL, and the renderer itself, are outdated.

As for finding the DLL, I've googled it, and I've downloaded DooM Legacy, and got no result. Maybe Alam or SSNTails will know something?

Heh. That computer isn't half bad, except you're using onboard graphics rather than a graphics card. I'm surprised. I assumed you'd be using an old card. In fact, I didn't know they still made onboard graphics chips that weren't OpenGL compatible.

But yeah, if OpenGL doesn't work, you can't persuade it to. Either get a graphics card or just stick with Software. Software isn't that bad anyway. Seriously. I'm holding out for 1.1 for those smexy water effects and polyobjects you can actually see, too. Only on Software.

SSNTails delivers the techno-pwnage again.

Well, I doubt MiniGL would have worked. But hey.

I went to the amd/ati web site and i still cant find the OpenGL drivers for my card, so can somebody give me a link to the drivers?
When you do ill let you know if it worked
(and BTW i cant get a new 3d card because i use a laptop)

Just download the Vista drivers for the ATI Xpress 200M. OpenGL is included.

at my normal screen size (1280X800) SRB2 runs in OpenGL at 2-5 FPS
DirectX stuff tends to run at 30-60 FPS and software mode in SRB2 runs at 20-30 FPS. If SRB2 had a 3D card DirectX mode SRB2 would run at 35+ FPS
(and the newer OpenGL drivers did not speed up SRB2)

GCFreak said:
zeldagamer00 said:
If SRB2 had a 3D card DirectX mode SRB2 would run at 35+ FPS

SRB2 has a speed limit cap of 35fps. >_>
Whoops didnt know at the time thanks for the info
and one more thing. Once again the amd webstie hates me and SSNTails the link came up as a 403 error

When i Tryed to install it it said that everything was up to date already, unless you put a DirectX or Direct3D Rendering engine in SRB2 1.1 or give me a download link to the Correct DLL that is named in the topic title, im stuck with software rendering (which im fine with but it would be nice to be able to use something else)

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Vista itself is a problem. 800MHz needed just to run? 512MB of RAM needed just to run?
Vista runs just fine, its just my 3d card hates Vista OpenGL drivers (ive been looking for fast OpenGL drivers for almost a year with no avail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back