Did 4kids kill sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally hate the songs too, so I sometimes find music from a different Sonic game and match it to the levels that fit it best and play it. Or, an easier solution! Don't play it! How fun!

Sonicandtails218 said:
You all fail. It was going downhill long before Heroes. That's just when the slope got worse. Ever play a little game named Sonic R? Yeah, that was on a system called the Sega Saturn. I need say no more.
No you fail, yes there is some Sonic games that are garbage ( Sonic 3D Blast Sonic Labrynth (sp?) ) but at least Sega could make up from those games with better ones. Now it's very VERY rare to find a good Sonic game to make up for a bad one.

Sonic R is a fun little game. The issue is that it's insanely short and has a total of five stages. There's no game balance for multiplayer either, since the characters are either amazing or suck.

Maybe if it had, like, 12-20 stages like most other racing games, it could have gone farther, but as it stands, it's an interesting game that's fun for 2-3 hours, and then goes back in my stack of CDs for another few years.

The Sonic series went kaput with Sonic Heroes, personally. They tried to "reinvent" the series by removing the stuff in the 3D games that actually worked and adding stuff that breaks the flow and ruins the game, like multi-hit enemies and that god-awful flight formation.

Yes and No.Yes because it has uneeded new charactors and a dumb storyline.No because it revealed many secrets and the new Tornado was released.

Still, I can't under stand why someone would like R and not Riders. It was faster, longer, more balanced, and had (mostly) better music than R. Perhaps it's be cause they can't understand the simple concept of charging
their jumps or Sonic not using his super speed to cheat.

I had Sonic R for PC, so the music wasn't played, i could hear the sound effects, like jumping, or rings, but I'll admit. Too short, even the 1st Mario Kart for the orginal Nintendo had a bigger arrangment of races!

Wrong.

Mario Kart sucks and Sonic R and Riders were awesome. Mario Kart just drags the same levels, characters, and gimmicks back again and again.

Yeah, at least Mario Kart Double Dash was better. Even this one anti-Nintendo Sony fanboy guy liked it.

EDIT: This has gotten really off-topic.

They should really make a sonic R 2. When I first played Sonic R it was awesome because I didn't know all the secrets and I was around like 6 years old. I had problems on the metal knuckles stage. And I agree that sonic when downhill from sonic heroes.

[offtopic] I unlocked every character, and got every emerald in like 30 minutes :roll: .[/offtopic]

And back on topic, 4Kids TV did ruin sonic. Then sega took the liberty to do the rest.

You know, you COULD turn off the vocals in Sonic R's BG music. Also, there's no way Riders comes anywhere close to Sonic R. The way Riders works in general is just very annoying.

Riders was broken on so many levels. The only problem R had was it's replay function, and a slight AI problem. On another note, you could probably compare 4kid's message board to ours. All we need is some people thinking they're a member of the winx club. Get on it, shuffle.

Don't forget the "OMG I met Sonic and his friends in real life lolz" topic. I'm very glad I'm not on that forum.*shudder*

crazyhedgehog said:
Riders was broken on so many levels. The only problem R had was it's replay function, and a slight AI problem. On another note, you could probably compare 4kid's message board to ours. All we need is some people thinking they're a member of the winx club. Get on it, shuffle.
from my experience on this forum, I'd rather visit 4kids.. I'm starting to miss my friends.

PS. this might be one of my last posts for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back