• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated the first page, all bugs fixed, unoriginal code taken out. And you don't need to rename anymore.

Updated feature list soon.

Could this be a good way to make slope making easyer?

you could make a thing item
that would work like this:

Thing Hieght: Sets high the slope goes from the ground.
Thing Angle: Sets the angle of the slope.

That wouldn't be a bad idea at all, but how in Davy Jones' locker are we going to have that coded into the EXE? The slopes don't even have collision yet. o_O

Yes! This EXE is working for me. :D
I like the twilight filter and newer textures...and how you made the camera follow Eggman in the boss zones. :) I also like how the falling frames turn on after the player jumps, my Blaze WAD finally glides the way I wanted it to. :D
I'm just curious, but is the longer breath timer intentional? It kinda makes the Sunken Palace zone from the Mystic realm way too easy to run through.
I don't see why you are getting rid of lives and the timer, but that's just me, it's your mod and we have as of yet to see how removing them would be better for it.
I'm keeping an eye out for any test level releases, I'd love to see a working water slide before 1.1's release.

Is there any chance of seeing the levels anytime soon? Sometimes it's good to release something early on so we could see if something is wrong beforehand. ^_^

Ice said:
Is there any chance of seeing the levels anytime soon? Sometimes it's good to release something early on so we could see if something is wrong beforehand. ^_^
I agree, i mean if you release it when you finish it they maybe some glitches or maybe some areas of the map people might dislike etc.

EDIT = err dash you better fix the r_opengl.dll because i had to replace it with srb2's

Ice said:

Well, if you don't mind early level WIPs, I'll release some levels I'm still making.

----------------------------------

EDIT:
Version 0.2 Stuff:

limitdraw - makes the game limit itself to drawing a certain number of sprites at a time,
this is useful if you're in a level with a lot of sprites, or if your computer can't handle
calculating too many things on screen at a time

falljump - turns the fall after jumping animation off

tempanalog - this is a variable the game uses to switch analog control on and off as it needs to,
if you want to change whether analog is the default control, use the "analog" console variable,
there's no need to touch this variable

Add 32 to a level type to make it a speed zone, a speed zone is a map type that allows the player
to go faster than normal and allows them to use a new move called spin-skid
A spin skid is a simple move that allows the player to make sharp turns at high speeds.
While running and going into a spin on the ground, turn to the new direction you want move and press
the light dash button to run forward with a little more momentum.

freefly - a new type of nights option, this allows the player to fly around a nights level freely
with no time limit or egg capsule, this was made to allow new gameplay options like a level that's
part singleplayer and platforming with gimmicks based around flying. Since you have no limit, you can press the spindash button to stop flying at any time.
The HUD is also the same as normal.

The "tunes" command can now change the speed of the music

daytonight - a feature based off of shuffrb2's code, the sky, fog, darkness, and music of a level can
change according to your computer's time, like shuffrb2, you can add daytonight = 1 to a map header.
Additionally, you can add daymusic, sunsetmusic, and nightmusic to the header. These variables allow you
to adjust the speed of music according to the time.

Sector Types:

430: Go super no matter how many emeralds you have

511: No dig sector, if you try to dig on this sector you'll here a clank sound

514: Disables your character's ability

500-510: Trampoline

The sector springs you up like a trampoline. 500 is the weakest bounce, 510 is the strongest

513: Like a regular Current/Wind sector, but puts you into your pain animation,
like you're on a slide

Other changes:

The camera is farther by default
Trilinear is the default OpenGL filter
GR_MD2 is a saveable variable
In the menu, you can go to multiplayer->network options and can change the map or gametype in a netgame

Version 2.0!

You can use either the copy of DashW.data with levels or the one without them. It's extensible, so it's easy to swap out either one:

Lots of changes, and please give feedback on the levels.

Remember: These levels are incomplete and are still being worked on!

Also, I do thok barriers last, so level 1 has no barrier yet.

Setup is the same as before

Source Code

http://www.mediafire.com/?70kmao4wxd7

Win32: Version for Windows 95 and up I think

http://www.mediafire.com/?clghnkukbcb

Mac Version: For Mac OS X Tiger and up

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjfpktiko21

Non-Level .data file

http://www.mediafire.com/?tbk4aebz0hw
You can replace your DashW.data file with this if you'd rather play without level tests. Make sure you keep both .data files though.

When playing the first level, I found the 3D to 2D bridge. But I use the WSAD keys, meaning that when I run to the right in 2D mode, and go back to 3D, I'll strafe to the right. Because of that, I fell down the bridge, and had to get the Star piece. Again. It's a real shame that it doesn't save. I was also running around trying to find a slope, but couldn't find one. I remember you posting a screenshot of this level with test slopes, but I still couldn't find any.

I then went to Host a Netgame, and went to the next map, which was 03. The level was good, but short. Then, I forced myself into the 2nd map, and was impressed. The scenery was beautiful. And the music was awesome.

I still gotta test that speed zone. I'll add an soc right now.

2D level still sucks.

For the first level, I thought the spring sectors were a little random, not so much that they were placed randomly, but that there was no visual clue that they existed. No player training, no nothing. Also, I don't see why you're so bent on an emerald hunt while you have such a linear level. The two ideas seem to really clash with each other.

On another note, I still can't find the NiGHTS drone in the second level. I'm also pretty sure you've crafted a new set of physics for your NiGHTS level, and I'm liking the other physics better.

I hate that SMG music, btw.

I finally got a chance to test this out and I love it!
I probably never would've tried this out if it weren't for you bugging me about it :P

for the digging is there any chance you can disable it when on a FOF because i can't see knuckles digging into a bridge >_>

When this is finished this will be as great (if not greater) than Mystic Realm! Dash, you've made Srb2 history!

sonic260 said:
When this is finished this will be as great (if not greater) than Mystic Realm! Dash, you've made Srb2 history!

I can't see how this is SRB2 history, I fail to see anything majorly special about this mod at all.

Then you are blind. Or you haven't tested it, or you didn't pay attention to how the mod basically runs better than Srb2.

BlueZero4 said:
On another note, I still can't find the NiGHTS drone in the second level.
Go all the way up the mountain, and cross the bridge. It's located where the two bridges form an X.

The Drone's path was fine, up until I went straight for no reason. I thought it got broken, and got stuck in NiGHTS mode, until I continued forward and reached the other side of the Axis. That's bad.

Your first level looks alot of my cousin level a little bit except he has more textures mixed and being more senceric and there is upside gravity in it too. Shall I prove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back