• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be best not to have Alpha 2 and just skip to Beta 1, I need to develop this much more so that this can rightfully be called a mod, so just let this topic die down and I'll update it when I'm ready. (:

Soon has come and gone. Either release the next version, or change the topic title. Examples:

*Wadname*
Dash's Word
Dash's World (Alpha 1 is out)
Dash's Wold (Beta 1 in the works)

Dash's Word
Dash's World (Alpha 1 is out)
Dash's Wold (Beta 1 in the works)

He has 3 mods hes making? (World, Wold, & Word) Wow, and I thought I had too much on my hands. *shot by on Edge*

Update

Current version: Alpha 1.82

News: smaller filesize much more material
Beta 1 release date: not for a long time

Next release version: Beta 0.5(Yeah I know, I skipped some versions)

Testers: Me, a few friends from school, and a few other forum members.( If you have any questions about testing, post your questions here, or contact me via PM.)

I'm overly eager about this, I don't know if I should release the next version early, I'm dying to fix that bug in the current version. You tell me, would you rather less content per version but more frequent updates or long periods between updates with much more stuff in each version?

Well, I've got some stuff done, but not much progress for the past couple of weeks, I'll be free this weekend, so some real development on this will continue. This project is not dead, I'm actively working on this and I'll post something nice as soon as I can.

If you've got something "still in early development," I think you really shouldn't be flapping your gums about it. Sure, you have 15 seconds of gameplay done. Unless you can actually say that you have something somewhat noteworthy, you're pretty much just asking for compliments.

And of course, that's what the editing section is. Unless we see some major changes in the topics here, I see this forum section as pretty pointless.

Not exactly "note-worthy" but, I'm still woring on the character, here are some sprites:

GW70H75.png

running

GW70H75.png

jumping

GW70H75.png

A4A6 :/

GW70H75.png

A5 :l

Also, I'm asking for advice on how I can improve these sprites, I'm not "just asking for compliments".

I'm also aware that my character now has 2 strands of hair sticking out of his head instead of 3.

----------------

How does this water look? Would this water be okay to be used as the default water for my levels?

GW640H480.png

And yes, it does move.

Still working on new levels, screenshots of those are coming eventually... :P

The contrast from the black is hampers the look of the character by quite a bit. The water looks almost the same as the normal version except bigger and grey.

The water looks pretty awesome, but I'm still not exactly sure why you're using GFZ2 as your guinea pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back