Custom Textures in DeePsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber Shell

I have read the wiki and used the search here, but have not been able to find an explanation on how to use custom textures in DeePsea. Does anyone know how to do it, or should I just get a different lump editor?

Deapsea is a bit old and bloated. I suggest you use either XWE or SlumpED for your textures and graphical stuff. They both have custom texture tutorials on the SRB2 wiki.

I can't really say either of them are superior to the other, mainly because they both have their ups and downs. XWE saves things automatically while SlumpED does not allow for lowercase lumps, for instance. I like to switch between the two at times, personally.

Its really a matter of preference really. XWE can do a better job at converting graphics to the doom palate usually. XWE always saves no matter what you do, while SLumpED warns you like most programs. XWE tries to fix what it thinks its wrong, which actually can make the wad not run. The good news is that you can turn this "feature" off, by clicking off the "preform clean up on exit". I personally think SLumpED's Texture menu stuff is easier to understand. You can try both and see which suits your needs.

EDIT: The new SLumpED does have lowercase lumps, its just that if you load the wad again, it converts it back to uppercase. Its still better to use XWE for characters in my opinion since it does the offsets for you, which is needed for the game to know where the sprites are placed.

I guess I'll use SlumpED. The wiki seems to indicate that XWE is troublesome. Thanks guys.

Edit: Scratch that. I guess I'll have both. They both have serious problems that the other doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back