• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Custom sprites progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Much pillow shading.
50622-1-1391287636.jpeg

Well.... Off-Actual-Topic: Will you give Tempest some kind of LUA/Default/Any special and non-seen ability?

He already has a huge Lua script, waiting for me to give him a special ability and some custom super colors. He has a few unshown features too, that have already been made, but completely differently.

Or you could say he has a custom runonwater script that doesn't use CA_SWIM.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

Wow. Much pillow shading.
50622-1-1391287636.jpeg

Pillow shading is where the light source is coming from the camera angle. This is not pillow shading.

Last edited:
What does everyone have against EMW5 sonic? He's closest to a modern sonic with srb2 sonic and speaking of the sprite above... yeah, they're too long. Can I get a recap on what a hedgehog's spines look like? I swear people are making it too big.

If anything, Greeneyes is a better looking "Modern Sonic" than EMW5 Sonic.

You're better off making your own sprites instead of editing off someone elses content.

I actually agree, the sprite I did still looks ugly! I hope the creator makes better sprites instead of "long-haired quills/spikes" character sprites.

I wasn't talking about the spikes on the first one, I was talking about the spikes on the edit you made. The creator's spikes are still long and crooked.
Oh hey, look! It's "Modern Sonic" as an MD2!
zpWkHUI.png

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about the spikes on the first one, I was talking about the spikes on the edit you made. The creator's spikes are still long and crooked.
zpWkHUI.png

Lol Terra, that really made my day ^_^

I think I will leave modernsonic sprites to that other guy... I think it's r543 or something. He's got more progress than me, and my sprite looks too hideous to work from anyway. The only sprite I know I'm keeping is Tempest.

This may as well change to the editing thread of tempest, if that's allowed.
._.

Last edited:
zpWkHUI.png
At least I tried... and also I was talking about mine and the creators current looks. :/

At least I tried... and also I was talking about mine and the creators current looks. :/

And in the end, that's the second most important thing. The first is the improvement based on feedback. If the human race can follow those two simple thoughts, we would already have spaceships. But no, humans always insult each other and bring people down, making them stop trying. I never say "stop trying". Inject these words of wisdom and inject it into your mind as you scream from pain of new ideas entering your head. Keep trying.

Edit: waaait...hitkid, your Hitcoder? I met you before :o. That's rare.

AAAND.... *breaks the silence*

I like Tempest actual looking. But..... Something looks weird..... I KNOW this is not a recolor of Sonic, but please, can you please take a look at this?

Tempest:

Sonic:
2a053bf848.png

Do you see the difference? I give you 30 secs, and if you don't notice, open the spoiler box below:

Well, you didn't notice, right? Just see this: Tempest looks fat. Really fat. Sonic's body is... round. If you base on the image i'd given you, and modify his body to look more... normal, it will look good.
His gloves looks really odd, weird, and much like a kid drawed them. Look at Sonic's gloves, and try to base on them, and then coloring them in black. Nothing more to say, that's my opinion.

Last edited:
Look at Sonic's gloves, and try to base on them,

Don't do this. Sonic's current sprites are hideously out of style when compared to the newer sprites in the game. Just look off of Chuckles, just without the (fingernails?)

oh....
you can make characters using LUA?
or do i still need to use SlumpED or Slade to edit the craracters?

You can use Lua to make abilities for characters. You still use SOC to change the stats of them.

also its Lua, not LUA

AAAND.... *breaks the silence*

I like Tempest actual looking. But..... Something looks weird..... I KNOW this is not a recolor of Sonic, but please, can you please take a look at this?

Tempest:

Sonic:
2a053bf848.png

Do you see the difference? I give you 30 secs, and if you don't notice, open the spoiler box below:

Well, you didn't notice, right? Just see this: Tempest looks fat. Really fat. Sonic's body is... round. If you base on the image i'd given you, and modify his body to look more... normal, it will look good.
His gloves looks really odd, weird, and much like a kid drawed them. Look at Sonic's gloves, and try to base on them, and then coloring them in black. Nothing more to say, that's my opinion.

Doesn't look fat, just his body isn't correct shape at the front.
I actually compared it just now, using one as a transparent overlay. Tempest is the same weight, and slightly taller

Also, sonic isn't round at all, that's just his skin patch, whatever you call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back