• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Custom Charwads

Status
Not open for further replies.

falco1029

Well the walkthrough on the main page doesnt telkl you very well how to make the char wads and custom characters. Basically, how do i make the wad file? Then how do i add the other things to it? Also is there some sort of editor (with a link to it ;) ) that can make this easier?

Thanks ahead of time

:eek:
Learn to make a simple map first. Character Wads are for more advanced users. I do not think there is many people on here that can make a character wad. Maybe like five people.

Oh, I CAN make a character wad, I just don't have the patience.. that and I don't know how to make it not crash when you fall from a spring. (Don't bother to explain it, because I don't care >.>)

Nah i dont care about a map I just want to know how to do this, I learn quickly, but the main page is very vague.

It would be a good idea to at least familiarize yourself with a level editor (XWE, preferably) Before you attempt to create a character wad, because you're going to need it in order to add the files to a wad thingy/whatever. I don't know.

Shuffle said:
Oh, I CAN make a character wad, I just don't have the patience.. that and I don't know how to make it not crash when you fall from a spring. (Don't bother to explain it, because I don't care >.>)
I don't have the patience either, though I do know how to make it not crash when flown, falling, falling from spring.
falco1029 said:
Well can some1 give a link to the editor and other things to get started?
1 website, http://google.com Go there and search for XWE.

Google is hardly the "one website". This is. Pointing them to Google when the link's right there in a sticky is a bit lazy, neh? ;P

Shadow Hog said:
Google is hardly the "one website". This is. Pointing them to Google when the link's right there in a sticky is a bit lazy, neh? ;P
Asking where to find XWE when you can just Google it and find out is lazy too, neh? ;P

falco1029 said:
No, I jsut dont rely on google, wouldnt be the first time if I went to a site and a virus downloaded itself.
Well how do you know we aren't linking you to a virus? You're taking that chance whenever you download anything anyhow.

Shuffle said:
I don't know how to make it not crash when you fall from a spring. (Please explain it, because I really don't know >.>)

Just rename the last sprites, the one supposed to be named PLAYa1 and PLAYb1, not the one with the big A and B. I use the non-expirable XVI32. Just open the wad from that program, look very closely for those names, and rename them.

Yeah I was bored :P

About the XWE thing.
When I tried it after I downloaded it and everything it wouldn't let me
open any wads. it also came up with all these weird errors like..
Failed to created key .WAD
and
List index out of bounds (0)

About antivirus things. I trust that the board wont for reasons I cannot disclose for paranoia that you are all spies/stalkers. Hpowever I have an antivirus program and three antimalware programs, so im covered, I just hate the fact that i have one when i do, and sometimes I need all four just to remove it and keep my pc safe....

EDIT: Got the wad editor up. I change this bowser wad around to be better, but i broke it so that it does the crash when coming down from a spring thing, and I dont get how you mean to fix that...

akirahedgehog said:
:eek:
Learn to make a simple map first. Character Wads are for more advanced users. I do not think there is many people on here that can make a character wad. Maybe like five people.

Actually, I don't know how to make a map wad, but I know how to make a char wad. Go figure :D

Alright got my first WAD done (very low quality character ;) ) but I get the following error when I try to use:

R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad Frame characters in lump 2457

What's that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back