Curse Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true that we have mute, but the command mutes the whole chat, and not the certain ignorant, childish person. And it would be unfair if the whole server had to stop chatting because of one person.

You know, everywhere but the internet you have to ignore things manually. I'm not saying an ignore function wouldn't be helpful, but right now you can just ignore someone by...not reading what they say. It's amazing.

sometimes it's hard not to read 20 lines of <Mystic> LOL IM PWNING U R NOOBS EVERYONE AND I SUCK, while trying to read what your ctf teammates are saying. Is there already a spam kick in srb2?

sometimes it's hard not to read 20 lines of <Mystic> LOL IM PWNING U R NOOBS EVERYONE AND I SUCK, while trying to read what your ctf teammates are saying. Is there already a spam kick in srb2?
Good point. You also could be waiting for a friend to respond or just anyone in your server to respond.

Also, if its a no swear chat. Then why just let someone swear? Ignoring him isn't a really good answer.
You're at school, someone starts to swear even though you're not allowed to. Do you ignore him or does he actually get kicked out and sent to the office?

Muting option isn't just useful for curse filters. Muting certain players could shut up the annoying/dumb users instead of just muting the entire server.

Good point. You also could be waiting for a friend to respond or just anyone in your server to respond.

Also, if its a no swear chat. Then why just let someone swear? Ignoring him isn't a really good answer.
You're at school, someone starts to swear even though you're not allowed to. Do you ignore him or does he actually get kicked out and sent to the office?

Muting option isn't just useful for curse filters. Muting certain players could shut up the annoying/dumb users instead of just muting the entire server.

It's called banning, ever hear it?

Mood killing
Well, to be honest. Most people don't give a flying fuck. I especially don't. I do, however, hate people who only say swear words. Why? Spamming. Not the fact that it's a swear word. It's kind of like entering an endless recursion of time, like that one animé I've never watched. Except you can kick people
I know I said this before, but if people are swearing on your server, MUTE THE CHAT. Or ask the host to mute it. If the host is cursing, ask him to stop. if he doesn't, too bad. If people don't curse too much, just open and close the console when they do. It may be tedious, but it's either that or getting over it.

Also, it's not necessary to ban anyone just because they curse. It's not really a big deal unless the words are used to flame.

Kind of like how the server keeps a ban list, each client could keep an 'ignore list'.

Sounds like someone needs to man up.

People curse, deal with it.

Of course someone as ignorant as you would say such a thing. Honestly now just manning up isn't the best option in certain.....situations.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

It's called banning, ever hear it?

Now thats just stupid to ban somebody over something as minor as swearing. I can understand banning somebody if it gets too offensive, but still what your saying is that you would ban someone simply if they swear? So in that case if you host a server, and I say "fuck" out loud you would ban me?

MOMMY I STUBBED MY TOE

Instead of spazzing out like the single-digit-year-old you probably are, maybe you should actually try taking what I'm saying into context first.

I clearly don't give a flying fuck if someone swears or not. My response about banning was directed to the guy whining about what he percieved as "annoying/dumb players". If someone seriously has THAT much of problem, then banning would pretty much do the trick. An individual mute would probably just prompt said people to leave anyways.

I'm pretty sure you would would know since assholes like you probably get banned a lot anyways. This is why i suggested individual mute so i can get people like you to just shut up and play the game instead of arguing over little things.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

First of all you insulted me first. All the rude people like you rely on insults to make yourself sound smart. And it definitely sounds like you are the one getting riled up over this. And your a coward for closing your private messages because you know i'm going to come right back at you. I'm not going to waste any more time arguing with a 10-year old who learned a few cuss words. Later hater.
:D

This is just stupid. This is "Curse Filter" thread and everyone are storming here.

Trentdude, stop overreacting.
Corneliab, I'm siding on your arguments, but tone down the snarkyness.
Everybody just fucking chill, don't let a nice idea go down the shitter so fast.

Overreacting? I just ended it. I don't need to waste time with someone who thinks banning someone will solve everything. I'm done with this.
(warps back to reality)

Overreacting? I just ended it. I don't need to waste time with someone who thinks banning someone will solve everything. I'm done with this.
(warps back to reality)

Now, actually DO warp back to reality. You released the full power of your prepubescent ranting on innocent corneliab. You also called him an asshole.
Funny how you anti-swearing type people have no problem with personal attacks unless it involves a 'naughty word'. Personally, I think nothing beats simply telling someone that they're a fucking idiot, even though it's not the worst insult you can come up with.

ehm ehm... This thread is starting to be good for nothing. People don´t talk about curse filter now, they´re just getting angry for no good reason. WHY?

ehm ehm... This thread is starting to be good for nothing. People don´t talk about curse filter now, they´re just getting angry for no good reason. WHY?
He and Arf make the best points(although there IS a reason people are getting angry).

Look, we can each have our own ways of dealing with people cursing, and we should all accept each others' ideas. What we shouldn't do is call people assholes and carry on the argument in other ways.

Well if you want this argument to end the stop freakin talkin about it. I'm just about over this topic (apparently cinefast isn't). I just think its rude to tell someone to "man up" when they don't even know what i'm talking about. Apparently banning people makes my idea sound like crap so screw it. This is the last time i'm posting here since this is pointless now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back