CTF Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

saph

Buh... about the third slipup I've had in the last hour.

ERROR: "There aren't enough starts in this map!"

I'm tryin' to see if I can make a simple three room CTF map, one main room and two base rooms. I put the base rooms specials' as their respective CTF Team Base, and I put four CTF starts in each base. I put two flags somewhere, too. I set the map as MAP80, my MAP80D is as follows:

LEVEL 80
levelname = CTF Room
act = 0
typeoflevel = 16
nozone = 1

I'm pretty sure I did the MAP90D right, and I have the right amount of player starts. Do the CTF maps have to be MAP80-MAP89? Or can it be MAP01, and just set to CTF mode using 'typeoflevel'?

No, I went to Multiplayer and did Host, and set it to the map # and CTF mode. I did add an SP start, and it worked like that, but I want the CTF starts to work... am I doing something wrong?

All maps need a Player 1 Start, no matter which mode they are for. Make sure you have placed one somewhere in your map.

But then I start at that start, and not the CTF starts.... I need the players to start at CTF starts.

If you start the level immediately from the launcher, it will always start you at the Player 1 start. Just reload the map (Using the MAP command) and you should spawn at one of the CTF starts.

Doh... I tried a netgame with 2 other guys, and one of 'em can join in, but the other one can't. Consistency failure. Also, we start at the player starts, what gives? Shouldn't we be starting at the CTF starts? I don't wanna have to do MAP MAP80 every time someone joins...

CTF is notoriously unstable in 1.08, sadly. Basically, if you're getting Consistancy Failures, just try again a few times, and if that doesn't work, try messing with the AUTOCTF variable in the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back