Create moving things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ AA

I need to know how to create a new thing for a level. (a thing that can walk around and follow you like an enemy, but, a thing that does not hurt you and make you lose rings.) Can you show me or tell me how to do this?

You’re thinking of emblems, I believe, and I’m pretty sure that’s hardcoded to only happen in NiGHTS mode.

If you want something, enemy or otherwise, to follow the player, try using A_Chase (follows the player in a similar way to a crawla), A_DetonChase (follows the player like a deton), or any of the other actions designed to follow the player around. See the wiki page on actions in SOCs for more possible actions. I’m pretty sure you’ll have to call A_Look before doing any of these follower actions, though.

I am sorry if what I mentioned wasn't clear. What I meant is I need to know how to create a brand new thing type (one that does not currently exist in srb2.) I also need to know how to make the new thing type able to walk and follow the character. I also do not want the new thing type to disapear after a certain amount of time or I don't want it to fly either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back