Crazy_Enemies.soc

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first soc. It just makes the Crawla's go really fast. The red crawla's go fast.

UPDATED: Eggman fires Automatic rings on his last hit. Every other enemy is pretty much the same.

Eggman's Moves:
1. Homing Ring
2. Bomb Ring (Attacks Super Sonic)
3. Crawla Drop (When hit)
4. Automatic Ring (Last hit)
5. Heroes Robot Storm (Can you get to the capsule before the Crawla Commanders get to you. :twisted: )

URL
http://www.sendspace.com/file/unlvj5

I hope you like what I've done with Eggman.

FireLaserbeam said:
I get a sigsev when I try to load it...

Well It worked with me. It makes red crawla's dash rapidly right towards your character when they see you. In Eggman Castle Act 2, they are a real pain. because they follow you wherever you go. :mrgreen:

I tried this and it was fun seeing crawlas dash around... I also had the Cloneattacks.wad loaded, andits like i was battling sonic, tails and knuckles, but they can damage me and kill me :D

Yeah it's funny... You should change the tic-duration of the blue crawla frames, than it would look much better (because chains would move faster). :wink:

Morph said:
Yeah it's funny... You should change the tic-duration of the blue crawla frames, than it would look much better (because chains would move faster). :wink:

How do I do that? I changed the speed but not the tic duration.

Well... first you have to go to "edit things" and look up which frames are the ones that blue crawla uses. I think frame 50 and 51 were for spawn-state, so 52 + should be for running. You can check which states are used if you look under the object's "spawnstate" and "seestate". Now close the edit things-direction and go to "edit states".
A LOOOOONG list of frames should open. Scroll down to state 52. There should stand something like "S POSS RUN 1". This is the first running frame of the object which will be executed the first time when the object is able to see the player (the "seestate"). All runframes together from 1 to 17 (within a loop) are responsible for the object's actions and sprite-animations during its movement. In the upper right corner next to the "Frame:"-option there is the "Tics:"-option.
It stands for the time the frame is shown before the next one is executed. The default ticset is "3". In your case you should change it to "2" and then click the "Save"-button. Do this with all frames from "S POSS RUN 1" to "S POSS RUN 17" and the running-animation-speed will be
(2*17)/(3*17)*100% = 66,67%
faster than before.

This will make the faster movement look like more realistic, I think. :wink:

Uh my fault...

It is
100%-[(2*17)/(3*17)*100%] = 33,33%
faster. Because before the change you have 17 sprites and 3 tics and after the change you have still 17 sprites and 2 tics.
17 / 17 = 1
it remains:
2/3 = 66,67%
Which means that it uses 2/3 of the time it used before...
You need one third less time, so you gained 1/3 speed! Clear? :mrgreen:

Dude, Morph, get rid of the mathematics...Font invisibility is never on my side, and plus I hate maths...:<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back