Crash Bandicoot Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally hate how Crash's appearance got remade. The original point of Crash Bandicoot was for him to be a character capable of expressing extreme emotions, and he did this in a fantastically crazy and funny manner. But in his new appearance, things like the more "realistic-looking" fur distract the player from his facial expressions, which were by far the funniest thing about early Crash. The same goes for his protective spirit mask, Aku Aku.

COMPARISON:

OLD CRASH AND OLD AKU AKU:
crashband0506.jpg
AkuakuWoC.gif

NEW CRASH AND NEW AKU AKU:
crash_281x211.jpg

I also hate how he can talk now. The only sound he's supposed to make is "WOAH!"

He's going down the same dreaded path as Sonic. Next thing you know, we'll find ourselves watching him on Saturday morning cartoons. Also, he says "Uh oh" in the first game. ;)

Ice said:
Also, he says "Uh oh" in the first game. ;)
I know. He also goes "Daaa-da-da-DAAAAAAH!" If you get a Clear Gem. But in the second and third games, also created by Naughty Dog, those sounds weren't used. Plus, they got rid of Tawna, and changed the level select structure and (thank god) the saving process. I am merely referring to Crash's glory games, 2, 3, and 4.

Actually fawfulfan, I think the very best game was #1. In my honest opinion, the game was better before the stupid "Warp Room" idea was introduced. I loved the difficulty of Crash 1, the scenery, the atmosphere, it was even darker than the games which followed, which was nice. The original music was good too. The saving system isn't the best, it's horrible actually, but I still think that it didn't get in the way too much (at least for me). I think the only Crash game that executed the warp room idea properly was Crash Team Racing.

I would agree with you on the atmosphere and stuff but

A: I disagree that the warp rooms are bad, and
B: For me, the saving system got in the way to such an extreme that it cancelled out every single other benefit of the entire game. I hated it so much that I just went on line and found the super password to unlock everything--to me, it just wasn't worth bothering with.

Okay, I'll concede that the warp room in The Wrath of Cortex was cheap, but I liked the warp rooms in Cortex Strikes Back and Warped!. But in general, the warp rooms weren't that much of a complaint for me...the map area in the first game was actually just as cool to me, in a different sense. I was merely pointing out that the switch from a map to warp rooms was one of the many ways that the first game differed from the games which followed.

... That's the first time I've seen new Aku Aku. o.O
It's the most hideous thing I've ever seen.
Also, anyone here play CTR much? Penta Penguin was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back