Console Print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is kinda technical, but I need someone who has worked with the SRB2 source code. I can't seem to get the CONS_Printf function to work, and I need it to test out my code changes. Can anyone help? Thanks!

CONS_Printf() Works just like the command line function printf(), like all C functions it is case sensitive. The proper syntax to just print some text in the console is:

CONS_printf("Look at me! I'm echoed in the console!")

Although I might not have the case correct. I'm on my dads computer right now and don't have the source code for reference.

Can you show us the code you have? It could just be a silly mistake you made like not adding quotes around the string (I don't think you'd do something silly like that, but still).

The game may not even be getting to the CONS_Printf you're trying to get it to do. Try setting a breakpoint or something.

Actually, yes I have quotation marks, semicolons, parentheses, the works. I'd post it but it's very long. What seems to happen is, the uses in some files work, while others do not. However, how would I get the breakpoints to work? I thought that didn't work in an EXE. Can someone please explain? Thanks.

If you're using VC++, hit F9 where you want to place a breakpoint and hit F5 to run the game in a sort of Debug mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back