Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never even heard of thokdash, but there isn't really anything other than spinfly.
I guess you could monster hop. Use precise aim and timing to bounce off enemies so you can jump across larger gaps. You can skip over a good chunk of certain CTF levels by monster-hopping (or in this case, monitor-hopping) off the monitor in the very middle.

SMS is spreading word of all this fancy crap he came up with. Like, he calls spindashing the second you hit the ground 'thokdashing' even though it dosen't really do anything special.

The spin-fly owns all!

Spindash with Tails, and fly when you release. You go over long gaps and areas. You go super fast. =D

Draykon said:
SMS is spreading word of all this fancy crap he came up with. Like, he calls spindashing the second you hit the ground 'thokdashing' even though it dosen't really do anything special.
Thokking right when you hit the ground is much more useful..

That's not a combo, that doesn't even need a name. That's just gliding around as Knuckles while shooting crap. D:

Spindashing while thokking does not give you any benefit. Hell, it actually slows you down. Just thokking repetitively makes you go faster.

Basically, anytime you're in the air, it's not checking friction against the ground and slowing you down to your normal maximum speed. Hence, if you're airborne, either because you're thokking or you spindashed and then started flying, it's not checking "wait, you're going faster than you should, I should slow you down" and you maintain your current (rather fast) speed. That's why, when you spindash-fly as Tails, when you land, you immediately slow down. However, when you press a direction other than forward while flying, it won't let you switch directions any faster than flying would normally let you.

If you really wanna combo something, try spindashing, jumping, and whirlwind shield double jumping. You can get rather far doing that =P

Shuffle said:
I guess you could monster hop. Use precise aim and timing to bounce off enemies so you can jump across larger gaps. You can skip over a good chunk of certain CTF levels by monster-hopping (or in this case, monitor-hopping) off the monitor in the very middle.
Hehe, yeah, I intentionally put that monitor there. Works even better if you thok directly into the monitor right before you land on it. Another fun one is to bounce off the random monitor in Sapphire Falls from the upper alcove, and fly directly into the Infinity Ring from the side.

Mystic said:
Spindashing while thokking does not give you any benefit. Hell, it actually slows you down. Just thokking repetitively makes you go faster.

But when I play, If I do it just at the right time, the spin is as fast as the thok. But if you don't do it at the exact time then yeah, most of the time it dose slow you down. But usually I have no problems with doing"thok dash"

I bet if you crack open devmode and watch your SPEED, it will show that you slow down the instant you hit the ground and start spinning.

Shoot, Jman kicked my butt in racing using that technique.
I always came in 2nd during at that server.
Then starting slipping and coming in 3rd, 4th, or lower.

Shuffle said:
I bet if you crack open devmode and watch your SPEED, it will show that you slow down the instant you hit the ground and start spinning.

Done, and agreed. You maintain a faster average speed just by mashing the jump button.

I don't slow down when I spin. But thokdashing is just not to use for speed it also makes it easier for me to turn, well thats just for me.

For me when i fall down and spin correctly I go superfast! But I only tried it with Jmans kart mod,while using a sonic kart mod :wink: Edit: Opps i forgot to check the date. Sorry.

I figured out what i call 'tails superskip'

sry if its been done...

Spindash as tails and jump just after you release. As you hit the ground, press jump and you go into running animation for 1/2 a second. If you land on water in this time, (or on land, but you run on water here) jump again real quick and start flying. Goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back