College degrees/Fields of study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
So, I'm assuming that the general population of the SRB2 messageboard isn't in college. From this, a question arises from by asking a few others on IRC, and also curiosity.
For those who are not in college yet, what fields of study would you like to persue or achieve in doing? Otherwise if you guys are in college (Or in some type of other program), what field(s) of study are you currently enveloped in?

I of course don't plan to go to college for another two years. I plan to go to a vocational/business school and get my certification in Computer Repair [with Networking].

Come on now, do share. :)

I'm gonna say the guy above me is crazy and most likely won't make it much of anywhere with that dream.

Me, I'm gonna go get my CDL's and drive. Maybe take creative writing, and learn a bit about programing so that if I want to modify something, I can...

I hear you can get a PhD in Computer Science, so I may or may not do that in the future. Basically, Linux and Network Administration Related stuff, as well as game and web development, and I may go after a Microsoft Certification at some point.

Most people seem to underestimate what it takes to develop games, it's not like point and click, it's written in pure code, many aspire to be game developers, very few succeed because they have no idea what they're actually getting into.

I want to get a degree in computer sciences or programming in college, and then go to graduate school and get a masters in game design and development. Then, hopefully, I'll be able to use my impressive credentials to get my dream job of game designer.

I might try to be a computer programmer or computer mechanic. Just like dad who has connections to microsoft and channel 5 on cable.(He really does) XD

If I do end up getting into college, I'll probably try to get a degree for Theatre Arts. I plan on being an actor/comedian :D

[spoiler:102ed751e9]You guys think I'm not funny or have any acting skill, but in real life, I'm a freaking star.[/spoiler:102ed751e9]

Cue said:
I hear you can get a PhD in Computer Science, so I may or may not do that in the future. Basically, Linux and Network Administration Related stuff, as well as game and web development, and I may go after a Microsoft Certification at some point.

Most people seem to underestimate what it takes to develop games, it's not like point and click, it's written in pure code, many aspire to be game developers, very few succeed because they have no idea what they're actually getting into.

This is effectively me, but slightly less skilled. I'm more into design than the actual coding.

I don't need no stinkin' college, to paraphrase Blazing Saddles. Otherwise I am entering the school of war.

I'm currently studying for a Diploma in Graphic Design at College, I also hope to attend University and obtain a Bachelor's Degree in the field (or a derivative field, advertising etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back