Christmas Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
Since it's almost Christmas, and it's snowing like heck where I live, I got into the Christmas spirit and decided to make a Christmas themed map. It's an emerald hunt (real original for this time of year huh?).
Here's a screenshot:
srb20007-5.png

All the emeralds are relatively close together, I know. I meant to do that to further confuse the player. Sorry if all those beeping sounds make your ears bleed.

http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/618ChristmasTown.wad

EDIT: Also, I meant this level for software, I never tested it in OpenGL. Apparently it has some glitches that way.

I like how you made use of the entire level to get the emerald on top of the tree, but I didn't like having to find the building entrance, it seemed too hidden.

Scenery is great BTW.

Why do you always have to take my ideas? ;_; *shot*

as for the level itself, i found a few issues.

-sonic can't get to the top of the tree to get the emerald manually, the only way is to use the spring on the side of the grey house,which is hard for sonic.

-some areas are slightly cramped.

otherwise, good work.

Biggest complaint was that there weren't multiple spawn points for the Emeralds. Nice work, though. Add more hiding places to the level, give more emerald spawn points, and it will be an awesome level.

Speedylizzard14 said:
-sonic can't get to the top of the tree to get the emerald manually, the only way is to use the spring on the side of the grey house,which is hard for sonic.

You have to use a series of springs and you can get up there fine..
Speedylizzard14 said:
Why do you always have to take my ideas? ;_; *shot*
lolwut

EDIT:
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Add more hiding places to the level, give more emerald spawn points

When the hell could we do that?

the whole thing was well rounded and i got stupid and thought the only way to get in there was to go through the chiminy.....bad idea.

funny picture

burn to hell sonic!!!! BURN!!!!!

There's actually 3 ways to get into that one greyish building with one of the emeralds inside of it. One of them is through the chimney.

Yayz! I'll get on that as soon as I finish my OLDC entry. I hope I can get it in on time.

This map is not bad, better than I thought it was going to be, however, there were some small things.

-It was a small bit bland in a few areas, mainly snow ones. Just a small bit of scnerey, or detial would make it look more nicer.

-There were some glitches near the thok barrier. I got one shot, and found at least 2 of these.

http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=srb20019an9.png

Suggestions.

-As SRB2WSM said, add more spawn points. It makes the level much more fun instead of going to the same spot all the time thinking "Ah I see it, nothing new here" it just gives the level more amusement.

Best Level I played in awhile. The background was colorful. True some glitches but over all nice job. Needs harder spawn points for emeralds.

8/10

I got in the Grey house pretty easily. Anyway the present one was awesome. I never expected it to be there. But there is some OpenGL side effects. Also found some green slime around. But other then those two things I give this a 6/10.

Ice, if you put more than one first Emerald Location, it will choose one randomly on map load. Same with the second and third Emerald Locations.
For the record, I think you can only have two of each emerald spawn. :X

BlueZero4 said:
Ice, if you put more than one first Emerald Location, it will choose one randomly on map load. Same with the second and third Emerald Locations.
For the record, I think you can only have two of each emerald spawn. :X

I can't be bothered to check now, but I think Knux Emerald Quest had three first emerald spawn points in Normal and Easy.

I loved the way you placed those emeralds. The scenery was great, as well. I wish all emerald hunts were this nice looking.

I know I'm repeating myself, but really, give this some more emerald spawn points and it will probably find its way onto BZ4's Hall of Fame. It's better than Christmas Hunt Zone; in fact, I really wouldn't mind seeing this in v1.1 at all. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back