Chex Quest: Another interesting Doom Spinoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeFan1

Anyone else who has explored the world of Doom related games like SRB2 has probably come across chex quest.

That game has seriously got to be the most amusing thing to ever be given away in a cereal box. The first game was released in 1996 in cereal boxes and the second one could be downloaded online that same year. If you used to play this, track down Chex Quest 3 (Not the fake one released in 1998. The OFFICIAL one released in 2008) The third one is the most challenging of these games I think.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can find the config file for chex quest? I think since I can design in SRB2 making a few chex quest levels should be easy... and I already have an alternate Doombuilder that isn't the one made just for SRB2, so I just need the config file.
But the only link to the config I can find seems to lead nowhere, so if anyone finds a working one to download I'd appreciate it.

Uh, IIRC Chex Quest is just an IWAD for Doom Legacy, so just use a legacy config. If you're using Skulltag or ZDoom or somethin', you can pro'lly use configs from those.

Be warned, though. It's legacy in there.

uh... does that mean its an entirely different editing program then doombuilder? Or is legacy just the configuration?

Or do I have no idea what Im talking about and they're the same thing... or something...?

Oh, the legacy config should work with Doom Builder, or even DB2. It's just that Linedef Executors aren't there, FOFs are weird (if they're there at all), and the config might just be worded badly.

In ZDoom and stuff, there's ACS in place of linedef execs, but I never bothered learning how to use ACS when mapping for Doom was more a novelty for me than anything else.

Sounds interesting.
I just want to toy with this program a little, and see if I can make a usable map just for fun. If I get stuck I'll work around it or leave it alone. My main efforts will still be with SRB2 as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back