• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Charmy.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunucklees

... AKA Resonious
Well, I'm making a charmy wad (not a recolor) and it has all the frames and stuff, but wen I try to play as him it gives me a "signal_handler(): segment violation" error. Dose anyone know what is wrong? Here is a download link, so somebody can see what's going on, because I have no clue. DOWNLOAD.

I only loaded that wad wen I was testing it. I don't know how a big wad would cause a segment violation.

I hope you know that i'm talking about when I say it's too big. Not the size of the character. Like zeshiro-gm takes up 545 KB,but not just in the game,in the whole computer

I didn't take the time to fix everything, but here is the version of your wad with few bugfixes that could cause problems even if the wad works.

I also cleaned it up, and put it in a zip. Its a damn small 9 KB now.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cxoue2

Remember that the wad doesn't work yet. I suspect that one of these things could cause the crashing:

1: The SOC has problems in it. I moved everything from OBJCTFG to MAINCFG for safety purposes.
2: You loaded newly named sprites, instead of copying a sprite, renaming it, and replacing it with your chosen sprite
3: The sprites don't work with the SRB2 pallete
4: You might wanna use less PLAY0 names. I know it saves room, but when its about the wad quality, its never recommended.

kunucklees said:
Yes I know what you mean. I also just tried using the "Clean up" option in XWE and it still dose it. Also, it's only 76KB on my computer.

Yeah, but the download itself is 9 KB. And THATS what counts.

It may just be XWE. It sometimes likes to do this to people. The result is you have to re-wad it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back